Not open for further replies.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I actually took a small bottle of hand sanitizer to the grocery store this morning. I used it when I got back in my car. I even used the alcohol cart wipes on the way in to the store. I have never done that in my life. Ingomike will be so proud of me. (for not peeing on my hands like I usually do).

:):

i have been spraying the gas pumps with Lysol and everything else i touch.....i have a large can....:)

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    i have been spraying the gas pumps with Lysol and everything else i touch.....i have a large can....:)

Funny you mention that... I went a little out of my way to go to a much less busy gas station than the truck stop I would normally go to just to play it a little safer. None of this is probably going to save us if this thing goes crazy, but... it made me feel a little better.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    They could have gave him a price point he is allowed to sell at. It would let those that want some to get some. They would be paying for online convenience, and germ free shopping. Yes he was making money hand over fist. If he was smart, he would be out selling to large stores before he is stuck with all the product.

^this...
    W
    He can setup his on website in sport about of time.
    Do craglist or FB market.
    Lost of way to still sell them. He wants that $$$ he is gonna have to earn it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The discussed problem with ventilators is very solvable. There are bound to be many manufacturers of all sizes that could ramp up and produce these things very quickly.

The roadblock is the same as what has been holding up production of the virus tests. The FDA is a massive, self feeding, bureaucratic nightmare. American medical device and drug manufacturers have been building plants overseas for years for R&D that wasn't realistic here, with FDA regulation.

Then the Obama administration expanded the FDA. :rolleyes: They turned a lot of medical device companies inside out with whole new levels of regulation.

You could build hundreds of these life saving devices and they'd likely set for years, waiting on FDA approval.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Good explaination. I will add that in an emergency, basic support would just require basic inspratory and expiratory phases, measured volumes and supplemental oxygen as needed. I have no clue what specifically the virus is doing at the cellular level of the lung, but I have seen the term ARDS (adult respiratory distress syndrome) pop up a few times. I want to make sure I preface my statement that all I have read claim this is rare and most people never get to the ventilator (respirator) need. That said, if it evolved to ARDS, that presents a problem and individuals who are already compromised would make the situation that much worse. Inspriratory to expriatory time (I:E ratios), percent oxygen, inspiratory pressures, pressure support, air flows and more need to be monitored and changes made based on each individual basis. Not everyone responds the same.

That is a very basic example of why I stated earlier that even if we had enough equipment, is it the right equipment (not all vents can be usaed to treat ARDS), where would we use it and do we have the manpower to manage that kind of volume. There are a lot of RT's that would love to come out of retirement, but not under those circumstances.

I certainly pray we never have to find out.
    Ok I think it’s pretty obvious that I have no business at all in building a ventilator. My interest was because I have a good friend with an immune-compromised child. They keep oxygen and have an oxygen generator.

Thanks for the knowledge.
    Hopefully we look back on this and a few of you can call some of us kooks. I’ll be happy to let you!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Jim Lucas taking action.

PLEASE SHARE
    Regarding the suspending of handgun licensing
    Since there are several reported instances of police agencies across the state that are suspending the licensing process to carry a handgun,
    and since carrying a firearm is a Constitutionally protected right,
    and since the Indiana Supreme Court ruled that carrying a firearm is a Constitutionally protected right with the unanimous Pinner decision,
    and since the SCOTUS has ruled that police DO NOT have a duty to protect us,
    and since a National Emergency has been declared,
    I am drafting an official letter to Governor Holcomb to request that he suspend the licensing requirements for non-prohibited person, or persons that would otherwise qualify for a “license” to exercise this Constitutionally-protected right.

I will continue to keep you posted.

Jim Lucas
    State Representative
    District 69

https://www.facebook.com/search/top...91cHMvcHJvZmlsZS5waHA6ZmVlZCJ9&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Not sure if that link will work. It’s Facebook. Anyway the Lawrence County Sheriff’s office has announced they’re suspending the processing of LTCH applications. I realize they’re probably only doing this to minimize the risk of spreading the virus but if this doesn’t demonstrate the disenfranchising power of carry permit laws, nothing does.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Jim Lucas taking action.

It's cool that Lucas is getting in on the fight, but I hope people learn some lessons here and get their poop in a group a bit better in the future. An IN LTCH is less hassle to get than license plates in most states. I hope people see this stuff happening and up their game when this all blows over.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's cool that Lucas is getting in on the fight, but I hope people learn some lessons here and get their poop in a group a bit better in the future. An IN LTCH is less hassle to get than license plates in most states. I hope people see this stuff happening and up their game when this all blows over.

The larger picture, in my opinion is that this is a pretty good demonstration of how the 2A is a secondary right. Can you imagine if any other right were subject to availability of a civil servant to do their part for you to be able to exercise it?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    [FONT=&amp]France is set to go on lockdown at midnight as the [/FONT]coronavirus[FONT=&amp] crisis worsens, according to the country's Prime Minister.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Prime Minister Edouard Philippe announced that all non-essential businesses would shut at 12am on Sunday.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Among the stores that will shut their doors are restaurants, cafes and entertainment venues.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]He told a news conference that exceptions on the shop ban would include food stores, pharmacies and gas stations.[/FONT]

:faint:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Jim Lucas taking action.

The larger picture, in my opinion is that this is a pretty good demonstration of how the 2A is a secondary right. Can you imagine if any other right were subject to availability of a civil servant to do their part for you to be able to exercise it?

Agreed, it's ridiculous that locals have to be involved at all. It should be constitutional, but if not, and a license is required, locals need to get out of the way.

My son had an issue with getting his license before he was going back to college (out of state) one year, because he had done everything else and got the prints done, etc and on the last business day he was in town, he went to pay the locals and get their sign off and there was a funeral that day and no one at the local to finish the app/take payment. He called all over and got Hendricks County to take it due to the extenuating circumstances, and then our local refused to take it when Hendricks county sent it over to them the next week. Son should not have waited until the last business day he had available before he had to head back to school (and the app then expired before he came back), but still ridiculous. He wrote several emails, etc, and I offered to take them a copy of his DL, etc, but no go, all because the local head of police would not accept the local portion of the fee that was provided to Hendricks County sheriff while the locals were all out of office unannounced.

There is no value in what the local PO's do regarding an LTCH, at all.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

I'm waiting for Trump to announce plans to suspend the general election in November. We can't have people gathering in large groups waiting to vote. He'll just need to stay in office until we get this thing under control.

I'd like to see him do that just to watch how quickly Democrats change the narrative. Suddenly Coronavirus would be no big deal and they'd be encouraging people to gather in large groups again.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Agreed, it's ridiculous that locals have to be involved at all. It should be constitutional, but if not, and a license is required, locals need to get out of the way.

My son had an issue with getting his license before he was going back to college (out of state) one year, because he had done everything else and got the prints done, etc and on the last business day he was in town, he went to pay the locals and get their sign off and there was a funeral that day and no one at the local to finish the app/take payment. He called all over and got Hendricks County to take it due to the extenuating circumstances, and then our local refused to take it when Hendricks county sent it over to them the next week. Son should not have waited until the last business day he had available before he had to head back to school (and the app then expired before he came back), but still ridiculous. He wrote several emails, etc, and I offered to take them a copy of his DL, etc, but no go, all because the local head of police would not accept the local portion of the fee that was provided to Hendricks County sheriff while the locals were all out of office unannounced.

There is no value in what the local PO's do regarding an LTCH, at all.
    I can hear it now. Some apologists will say your son’s plight was a minor inconvenience. And that might be true if we were talking about getting tags for you boat. But we’re no. We’re talking about a constitutionally protected right.

These types of stories need to be cataloged and retold next session (hopefully by the affected persons) when constitutional carry is being debated in committee.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm waiting for Trump to announce plans to suspend the general election in November. We can't have people gathering in large groups waiting to vote. He'll just need to stay in office until we get this thing under control.

I'd like to see him do that just to watch how quickly Democrats change the narrative. Suddenly Coronavirus would be no big deal and they'd be encouraging people to gather in large groups again.

:laugh: I think I’ve already seen a couple such memes on this on FB.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

No doubt about that at all. My point is that if a person is protesting "the man" by being an idiot and not getting their permit because "muh rightz!", or simply waiting to the last minute, they deserve what they get. I hope they learn their lesson.

Get the LTCH and be a pro-2A activist at the same time and do it now. You don't have to do one or the other and the right time for both was years ago.

I do feel for the guys that just got their first handguns, or just came of age, and just got caught up at a bad time. But I bet that's not the majority of them.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe has ordered the closure of all non-essential public locations from midnight (23:00 GMT Saturday) in response to the coronavirus outbreak.The measure applies to restaurants, cafes, cinemas and discos, as well as non-essential businesses.
    Mr Philippe also called on French people to reduce their travel, especially between towns.
    France reported a sharp rise in cases on Saturday, from 3,661 to 4,499.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51892477

I don't have the list of what's considered "essential" and "non-essential" yet.

Apparently churches will be allowed to be open, just like tobacco shops ... but not restaurants. :scratch:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How is the shopping today?

I went a little after 8 this morning. Kroger (Southern Plaza) still out of toilet paper and low on paper towels, and the pasta aisle was pretty picked over. They were restocking bread while I was there, as well as the sliced (packaged) deli meats. I didn't look closely at the produce section but it looked pretty normal (didn't check potatoes or onions). Booze aisle looked normal. Plenty of eggs and milk.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom