• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Question #1 - So, the Japanese quarantine a cruise ship with passengers and crew aboard. On the surface that seems like the logical thing to do. But aren't they creating an incubator for the CV by keep everyone in such close proximity on a ship? I can see quarantine but not in a close environment like a shiListening to the WHO briefing now.The Japanese are taking anyone with symptoms and testing them.Those are then being removed for the ship.The goal is an infection free ship.They are assisting in other ways as well.All on the ship now have masks for example.They are(the Japanese)CDC considering testing everyone on the ship.Because even with suspected cases all taken of the ship more keep appearing.All 160 who have tested positive are in hospitals in isolation.

Question #2 - The U.S. protocol is if you are showing symptoms check into a hotel, so if you do have CV your can infect everyone in the hotel, or see a Dr. before going home because if you have it, you can spread it to all the places you stopped before the Dr.'s office. Somehow I am not able to see the logic here of leaving potential spreaders of CV run around in the general populous? I would think placing those on the ship under supervised observation would be the prudent thing to do.
    ​The CDC test 4,including the one with pneumonia already on oxygen when paramedics took them off the ship(with no mask or protective gear on)and the 4 they tested came back negative and they have not commented further.Saying it was a very low risk situation.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The CDC is giving daily briefings at 10 am est time USA.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86WLDRm3Xqw&feature=emb_logo

I do not advise listening unless your thresh hold for bs is very high.They dodge quite a few questions.At this point they very rarely give direct answers.Asked again today about the death rate,based on the Chinese study bases on 138 cases.They did not answer the question,even though the study has peer review,and was released in the New England Journal of medicine.Is estimates the death rate of 5-19%
    With 18-24% of all cases needed intensive care.This is of course not quite accurate,because it was based on patients in the hospital.Not those not sick enough.It is also a short study only covering 5 weeks.With 83% of patients still in the hospital when it was ended.

In short there is not a good answer on the death rate.It would be nice if they explained that,rather than just avoiding answering.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Obviously, source is 4chan, so take it how you will. Likely not 100% verifiable.

Alleged lab tech in Wuhan posting about how much worse it is than they're saying.

EQaXpO0XsAAqCaJ

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Data from windy.com shows a massive release of sulfur dioxide gas from the outskirts of Wuhan, commonly associated with the burning of organic matter. Levels are elevated, even compared with the rest of China.

UBEkbIP.jpg

Seems like the jury might still be out

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3874013
    Rise in sulfur dioxide could be sign of mass cremations in Wuhan

According to the Department of Public Health of the U.S. state of Georgia, crematories release a wide variety of chemicals besides SO2, such as "mercury, dioxin, hydrochloric acid, nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide, and dioxins." Twitter user Vet Watching pointed out that the elevated SO2 levels could also be explained by the burning of tons of contaminated medical waste.

Environmental scientist Dr. Jorge Emmanuel was cited by Health Care Without Harm as saying that the burning of medical supplies releases a number of pollutants, including "fly ash; heavy metals such as arsenic, chromium, copper, mercury and lead; acid gases such as hydrogen chloride, hydrogen fluoride, sulfur dioxides, and nitrogen oxides; carbon monoxide; and organic compounds. "

Also, seeing some indicia that the original post came from 4chan. I notice you have no cite

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    The 4chan claims 200 go in each day and no one comes out....

even stories and videos of the death squads rounding up anyone infected.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wonder what the Klymit Kid has to say about this? Or has she already stroked out?

I'm sure she (just like every other climate nut) gives China a pass since they're a "developing country". Don't you know that America is the only "evil" climate destroyer in the world? "America: Stealing Rich Kids' Childhoods Since 1776"

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Vietnam paranoia or justified fear... factories take daily temperature or Vietnamese government will not let the factory operate and give them very large fines. But rural 3 rd world area of Vietnam are not well controlled. Everyone is wearing masks, public area and malls are requiring masks. Many Workers lost jobs when stuck in China after Chinese New Year. The government is trying to keep people from getting CV or spreading it, but the infrastructure is just not here to combat on the level.

everyone seems to be on a “surround, contain, and burn out setting.”

source: Me in Vietnam right now.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Vietnam paranoia or justified fear... factories take daily temperature or Vietnamese government will not let the factory operate and give them very large fines. But rural 3 rd world area of Vietnam are not well controlled. Everyone is wearing masks, public area and malls are requiring masks. Many Workers lost jobs when stuck in China after Chinese New Year. The government is trying to keep people from getting CV or spreading it, but the infrastructure is just not here to combat on the level.

Thanks for a first hand account. Be careful over there. I personally wouldn't want to be anywhere near China right now.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County

Stay safe

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Question #1 - So, the Japanese quarantine a cruise ship with passengers and crew aboard. On the surface that seems like the logical thing to do. But aren't they creating an incubator for the CV by keep everyone in such close proximity on a ship? I can see quarantine but not in a close environment like a ship.

Does the term "norovirus" ring a bell? Recall where those nasty outbreaks happened? Yup. On cruise ships. This is the absolute most stupid move if their intent was to limit infection to those infected on day 0. Now if they are only concerned with not bringing it to the shore, and dont really care who gets sick on the ship, this is how to do it.

And how does the 14 day incubation period work when its thousands of people? OK, Patient 0 has it on 2/1/2020. 14 day incubation so we are good to go after 2/15/20, right? Not so fast? What happens when Patients 1-15 catch it on 2/5? Now the safe day is 2/20, right? Maybe... Patients 16-20 now have it starting on 2/10. So now everyone is clear on 2/25? Maybe... etc etc etc. Whats the incubation rate when spread across 3,000 passengers at a staggered infection rate? Couldnt that rate now theoretically go into next year if they cant definitively stop it from spreading and guarantee nobody else gets it? That's not happening on the tight, stale air confines of a cruise ship.

Or I could be wrong. I didnt even stay at a Holiday Inn last night. my thoughts just seem to make sense based on past history of how easy it has been proven to spread sickness on a cruise liner.

Sad to see that "Kung-Flu" didn't get picked up. Seemed like a shoo-in

Maybe they're saving it for the new avian flu that goin around.:dunno:

Amid the coronavirus outbreak, China is now also fighting deadly bird flu in chickens

I prefer Moo Shu Flu myself. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom