• rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    And that would be whom exactly.....:dunno:
    How long ago.

That reminds me of when the IROC was new and being televised on ABC Wide World of Sports. Jackie Stewart was the color commentator and he took a few laps in one of the Camaros they used the first year. I remember that he said that it "handled like a cow."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That reminds me of when the IROC was new and being televised on ABC Wide World of Sports. Jackie Stewart was the color commentator and he took a few laps in one of the Camaros they used the first year. I remember that he said that it "handled like a cow."

They did.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    How long ago was this?

Don't know who SDH is talking about but, if you go back far enough you can find Indy 500 drivers who were carpet layers, drunks, mechanics, carpenters, burglars and just about any combination thereof. They didn't have to be squeeky-clean corporate spokesmen. Just heard Richard Petty on TV say back in the early days of NASCAR you would "get a driver out of the cage, put him in the car, then put him back in the cage". No reason to believe USAC was any different.

But, on topic, until lately stock Corvettes were not great handlers. Neither was anything else, though, so they were better than most.

Top Bottom