• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    They've been in Bedford forever. High prices, often crappy attitude. If they know and like you they'll be nice, but they know they have a lock on this corner of Indiana and they don't care. They do have a fair selection of long guns, none of which are below MSRP and most their used guns are 20% higher than the better gunshops in Indiana.

Sam's Guns is a few blocks away and while his selection is lower and his prices are similar, I would buy a gun from him before I would at Cosners.
    I've bought a few guns over the years at Cosners, mostly impulse purchases, and every now and then I'll buy powder or primers from them if I have a few extra bucks in my pocket, but other than that I don't give them much business and can't recommend them.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    They've been in Bedford forever. High prices, often crappy attitude. If they know and like you they'll be nice, but they know they have a lock on this corner of Indiana and they don't care. They do have a fair selection of long guns, none of which are below MSRP and most their used guns are 20% higher than the better gunshops in Indiana.

Sam's Guns is a few blocks away and while his selection is lower and his prices are similar, I would buy a gun from him before I would at Cosners.
    I've bought a few guns over the years at Cosners, mostly impulse purchases, and every now and then I'll buy powder or primers from them if I have a few extra bucks in my pocket, but other than that I don't give them much business and can't recommend them.
    +10

Stay away.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Was so excited to be able to stop in on my way back from turkey hunting this spring. Can't speak to the attitude too much, one of the fellas was pretty nice. The prices on new stuff and lots of used stuff were more than I'd ever pay for it. There were a few bargains in the long guns. Didn't look to me like they had a lock on the ARs or the AKs. 21st Century? Now THEY have some ARs and AKs.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    I bought a nice used stainless Ruger Single-Six there a few months ago. They had a nice selection of new and used and although their asking price was high, I was able to negotiate them down to what I felt was a fair price. Cash on the counter always seems to help especially on a slow sales day.

Sam's has a nice shop as well - he always seems to have a good selection of used Remington 1100's and 870's.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I always have pretty good luck trading in there.
    They will give you top dollar in trade for your used gun if David is interested in it.
    That usually brings the difference in price to less than any shop around for a trade.

I think they like me though...:D

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Thanks for the input. I have never heard of the place. Like I said my Dad heard an advertisement, and wanted me to call. According to map quest it's over an hour drive. Did not want to waste my time and gas. If it was not worth the time. That's one thing I love about this site. Being able to get others opinions on what shops are worth checking out. :yesway: :ingo:

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    I see you're in Columbus, so here's my advice.

Skip the drive to Bedford, you can have the "Cosner's Experience" right in Seymour.

Here's what you do:

1) Drive to Acme in Seymour.
    2) Go in, buy something. Give Clint or Joe an extra 25%, and request they insult your intelligence, and maybe your heritage.
    3) Go outside and spit straight up in the air so that it lands in your own face. At the same time, smack yourself in the nuggets with a tire iron.
    4) Get in car and go home.

There you have it. Cosner's without the drive.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009

Skip the drive to Bedford, you can have the "Cosner's Experience" right in Seymour.

Here's what you do:

2) Go in, buy something. Give Clint or Joe an extra 25%, and request they insult your intelligence, and maybe your heritage.
    3) Go outside and spit straight up in the air so that it lands in your own face. At the same time, smack yourself in the nuggets with a tire iron.

Dude, I am out of rep, but that is the funniest thing I have read all day! :rockwoot:

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Acme is too good to be in the same post as C*sners-shame on you:)
    Funny stuff-amazingly accurate-never could buy anything in bedford at a decent price. I'm thankful Acme is close to home.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

Go to Harder's Gun Shop on Gun shop road near Shoals.

If you price shop at Gallery of Guns, Harder's is always listed and the lowest price in our area.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

Here's what you do:

Sounds like you have had a bad experience. I have always had really good luck in Acme. Clint treats my Dad, and I well. Plus their ammo is cheaper then the other local shops. The only place I have seen with cheaper 9mm and .40 is Chinamart. That's my own personal experience.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Sounds like you have had a bad experience. I have always had really good luck in Acme. Clint treats my Dad, and I well. Plus their ammo is cheaper then the other local shops. The only place I have seen with cheaper 9mm and .40 is Chinamart. That's my own personal experience.

If you read it carefully you'll find he was giving kudos to Acme. A great bunch of guys there.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I used to think Cosner's the same way that many do here on INGO. I've had occasion to have a couple of good experiences in the store the last couple of times I visited (I'm a glutton for punishment).

That said, after I discovered ACME and Bite the Bullet in Seymour, I doubt I'll be back to Cosner's unless I need ice.

Top Bottom