• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    I stop in Cosner's every time I'm through there.

While generally the listed price on his new inventory is towards the higher end, he's had an amazing assortment of non-mainstream used inventory that's been fairly reasonably priced over the years.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I used to think Cosner's the same way that many do here on INGO. I've had occasion to have a couple of good experiences in the store the last couple of times I visited (I'm a glutton for punishment).

That said, after I discovered ACME and Bite the Bullet in Seymour, I doubt I'll be back to Cosner's unless I need ice.

Bob at Bite the Bullet is the man. I bought my FN off of him. He had $589 on it, but I got it for $529 out the door. My Dad and I make a weekly trip to Acme. I usualy just buy ammo, but Clint knows us by name.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I have bought a few guns off of Cosner's over the years, ALL USED!
    I have NEVER been able to get a reasonable price on anything new in there.

I still go in once in a while, I enjoy givin' Dave some :poop: sometimes I think he respects people that give it right back to him, and I do.

But by no means is it a favorite shop of mine!

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I still go in once in a while, I enjoy givin' Dave some :poop: sometimes I think he respects people that give it right back to him, and I do.

You may be right, when primers were scarce, he had a price too high for me and I let him know that it was more than I was willing to pay. He seemed to mellow out after that with me.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    I see you're in Columbus, so here's my advice.

Skip the drive to Bedford, you can have the "Cosner's Experience" right in Seymour.

Here's what you do:

1) Drive to Acme in Seymour.
    2) Go in, buy something. Give Clint or Joe an extra 25%, and request they insult your intelligence, and maybe your heritage.
    3) Go outside and spit straight up in the air so that it lands in your own face. At the same time, smack yourself in the nuggets with a tire iron.
    4) Get in car and go home.

There you have it. Cosner's without the drive.

Great post..LMAO....

I must have cought them on an "off" day...both times I went in, I was treated decently and got a good deal. I'll be a little more cautious next time!

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I have worked a few deals......He knows I will walk if he doesn't play.

One time I gave him a hard time on the prices, and turned away and was walking out the door. He asked what was my price for the gun.......I said x and he said sold if I have the "cash"

He is not my first choice

M88A1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Bedford
    ALCON,

Just went in there yesterday checking about price of shipping weapons in from out of state. Older gentleaman asked me how many, I said 10, he quoated me $10 each. To me thats a damn good price. The selection of AK's and AR's isn't what I'd call the best but there is a decent amount to look at. Prices on the used AK's were what I have seen brand new on the internet. Does anyone have a good knowledge of gun shops in this area? The few I have found online/phone book are out of buisness are to small for the long drive.

OlBluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    How is their selection of folding knives? Does anyone know if they have HP ammo for a 9mm? Not picky with regard to brand...have ball in the 9 now since its all I can find around Bloomington.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    How is their selection of folding knives? Does anyone know if they have HP ammo for a 9mm? Not picky with regard to brand...have ball in the 9 now since its all I can find around Bloomington.

They are a Case knife dealer, and they have alot of those.
    They do carry 9mm hp ammo. Sometimes it is hit an miss on whether or not they have it in stock though.
    Have you tried MC Sports in bloomington? They sometimes carry 9MM HP too.

OlBluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Yeah I was just in MC buying a knife and they had lots of ball ammo, decent prices on some of it, but no HPs. I'll give Cosner's a call and see what they have...thanks.

OlBluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Just got back from Cosner's. Nice collection of Case knives and some Benchmade and Kershaws as well. Got some Federal 147gr HPs for 30 bucks and they have Golden Sabers and a few others plus some ball ammo. The shop was neat...had a general store type feel with all the antique stuff. The guys were not really friendly but not mean either, just sort of indifferent.

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    Thats not bad for the Fed's compared to what I've seen...who knows. But if anyone ever wants me to pick up ammo etc for them, Let me know. I'm at IU but make frequent trips back home to Indianapolis and can stop at Bradis or another store.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I haven't been in Cosners in probably 20 years, from the sounds of it that's probably a good thing eh?

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I love cosners. I allways here the bad comments but my experience has not been what I hear. They have a good selection. Quality I dont see anywere else locally. And contrary to popular wisdom they deal. I can allways trade with David and all but one of his employees allways are curtious. I think the one old bearded annoying guy has been there long enough to offend alot of people but I just ignore and avoid him and deal with David.

OlBluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Abrumlev,
    Yeah not a bad price for the 147 grainers. 50 count in the box. It was just a plain white box with no elaborate logos/colors or nuthin' but it says Federal and had their corporate address in MN I have seen before. They had quite a few boxes for those interested.

protongun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    been there a few times, never bought anything the employees have always been rude, wouldnt give them my money, dont plan on ever going back

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    I stop in there when I'm passing through Bedford. Like has already been said, his new guns are high, real high. But he does give you top dollar for your trade-in so in the end it's about the same price you would pay somewhere else, the numbers on the paper are just bigger. If you look around through the used stuff sometimes there's a gem to be found. They have a huge selection of clips and magazines and a lot of hard to find ones. If your over that way it's a decent place to stop because every once in a while you will find an unbelievable deal but I wouldn't make a special trip there by any means.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I love cosners. I allways here the bad comments but my experience has not been what I hear. They have a good selection. Quality I dont see anywere else locally. And contrary to popular wisdom they deal. I can allways trade with David and all but one of his employees allways are curtious. I think the one old bearded annoying guy has been there long enough to offend alot of people but I just ignore and avoid him and deal with David.

I live in the area and stop in both Cosners and Sams everytime I am in that area and agree totally Dave and his son are both always friendly to me, and willing to take every gun out of the cabinet for me to handle even when they know I am not planning on buying. Sticker prices can be high but if you are unwilling to even try to get them to deal then you deserve to pay the high prices IMHO.

As for Sams they are very friendly but their prices even more so as of late are higher then cosners and their inventory is not even a quarter of what cosner has. but you dont really feel like you are in a store when visiting sams, it is a good hang out & shoot the :poop: kind of enviroment. I guess you can get/find a deal in either place but if you are excpecting it to just be handed to you without even trying Bedford gun stores are not the places for you.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I liked the old bearded guy.
    He is retired now though.
    Huntin' and fishin' his days away.

Top Bottom