• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    FWIW, asking a competitor what they think of Cosner's isn't very damning evidence. A gentleman wouldn't have spoken poorly of him, and would have avoided doing so. I am not trying to be high and mighty, I've said bad things about Cosner's too, but within my profession I try to be polite and leave the others be.

"Value" is a very transient thing, and perhaps you and Cosner are using different sources to determine value. Again, not saying he didn't screw you, just saying there may be more than one way to look at it.

I totally agree:yesway: But as far as asking an opinion, I have also asked police and other law enforcement personnel about the place. There is some reason I still get the same answer over and over again FWIW.

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    My experience with Cosner's is that the prices are not "deals" by any stretch of the imagination. That said, their selection is nice and they have come through on .40 ammo when I couldn't find it anywhere else (even online). I've personally never experienced the nasty attitude, but I'd probably boycott it too if they had been snippy with me. Maybe I've been lucky, but the staff have been good to me (particularly his son).

Doody5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I have bought guns from Cosners for several years. I have spent over $20,000 during this time. All my purchases have been guns that I could not have found anywhere else from a trustworthy source. Yes I think Dave is a very trustworthy source. If you go to his shop you play by his rules and they include not pissing him off because you think his prices are too high. If you want to trade he will tell you what he will give you for your trade. If you want to buy he will tell you what he wants for the item. If you don't want to buy for that amount then don't, but don't smart him off over it. If you want to offer him less then do, if he wants to sell it to you for less he will, if not he won't. That is his right. If you don't buy from him he will not smart you off or insult you.

bonsaijackson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Have been there several times recently for my upcoming AR/ sig 556 purchase. They had two sigs, used and new. Used was 1650 and new 1700. Same gun available new in Btown for 1400 which it seems I will be having : ) Oh yeh the new 22 AR everybody just got was like 100 more there than MC sports in btown.

This seems to be the case every time I go there. They always seem to have what I want and I can hold it but, prices are out of this world. They had many nice Kimbers and sigs and many used pistols. They usually have about 10 or so various AR's.

They definitely know what they are talking about however, are frequently in a "bad mood" and can seem un-interested in you. Several times the three guys have been looking at something cool and ignoring everyone in the shop.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Have been there several times recently for my upcoming AR/ sig 556 purchase. They had two sigs, used and new. Used was 1650 and new 1700. Same gun available new in Btown for 1400 which it seems I will be having : ) Oh yeh the new 22 AR everybody just got was like 100 more there than MC sports in btown.

This seems to be the case every time I go there. They always seem to have what I want and I can hold it but, prices are out of this world. They had many nice Kimbers and sigs and many used pistols. They usually have about 10 or so various AR's.

They definitely know what they are talking about however, are frequently in a "bad mood" and can seem un-interested in you. Several times the three guys have been looking at something cool and ignoring everyone in the shop.

Yep, what he said.

I've "shopped" there several times and never failed to find Cosner's the highest price of any where I checked with a snotty attitude as the tree topper.

Xamor 101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow, I'm suprised by the large amount of people on here responding to the place. I went to cosners a # of times about 3 years ago (was still at the new location after the fire that caused them to move to it) and yeah even then they seemed to have a decent selection. Though I have to agree with most other peoples posts I've read here that the prices were always marked up WAY too much (Even despite how junky any firearm may have been). Thats not only my opinion though, I'm from Bedford myself and as I stayed there I commonly heard from everyone that his prices are high and that being "ripped off" just isnt a strong enough way to put it :\ Of course then as well there really wasn't much, if any, competition in Bedford so it had to be much easier for him. And as a side note, I had completely forgot about it till I seen it mentioned several times on here, but yeah I also do remember there being completely stuck up attitudes as well. Just like some have also said, alot of the people I know would just drive the 30min to Bloomington instead.

Top Bottom