• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yep, I do this too. Change is my spending money. My jar usually holds approximately $300 in change. I call it my untraceable money for guns.

$300.00 small change.

I've filled this up to the brim so many times I've lost count. Usually make a trip to the bank when it gets full and it's never less than 800.00. Been a couple of times I hit the grand mark. I used to pay for everything I bought in bills, all change went to the 23 inch tall Coke Bank. Boy talk about being heavy, I sit in on a stool so I can lean it over to get the change out. It's starting to get brittle, I've only had it for 35+ years.

51OgtLhTiRL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Attachments

• 51OgtLhTiRL._AC_SL1100_.jpg
      17.8 KB · Views: 4

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    $300.00 small change.

I've filled this up to the brim so many times I've lost count. Usually make a trip to the bank when it gets full and it's never less than 800.00. Been a couple of times I hit the grand mark. I used to pay for everything I bought in bills, all change went to the 23 inch tall Coke Bank. Boy talk about being heavy, I sit in on a stool so I can lean it over to get the change out. It's starting to get brittle, I've only had it for 35+ years.

That is impressive! Do you roll the coins yourself or take them to one of the sorting machines?

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I once heard Frank Abagnale ( the guy who was the real life individual that the “Catch Me If You Can” movie was based on ) speak in person. He told about his life from early adulthood through the present. He was a fascinating speaker and told the incredible of his life. I remember he stated he would NEVER use a debit card !

What prompted my use of a debit card was a program my bank had. If I used my debit card at least 15 times each month I received 3% on the monthly balance in my saving account. It amounted to about $30 a month. Although the bank has since discontinued that program, I had gotten in the habit of using the debit card.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I didn't read the thread but -1 costco.

QFT... Costco was one of the earliest retailers (and I'm talking years and years ago) to ban firearms in their stores, but they earn x3 scumbag points from me by not advertising that policy nationally (or even publicly really, you have to find it buried deep on their website) and continuing to specifically cater to the outdoor and prepper communities anyhow; including selling gun safes. They want to have their cake and eat it too. I've never stepped foot in a Costco and I never will. Scumbags.

...and yes, I get it that these policies exist basically everywhere now, but I reserve a special place in my heart for the grand daddy of "the movement".

I once heard Frank Abagnale ( the guy who was the real life individual that the “Catch Me If You Can” movie was based on ) speak in person. He told about his life from early adulthood through the present. He was a fascinating speaker and told the incredible of his life. I remember he stated he would NEVER use a debit card !

What prompted my use of a debit card was a program my bank had. If I used my debit card at least 15 times each month I received 3% on the monthly balance in my saving account. It amounted to about $30 a month. Although the bank has since discontinued that program, I had gotten in the habit of using the debit card.

I was just going to mention Frank... His Google talk (linked below, which is almost certainly a re-hash of what you saw live-in-person) on this subject is what prompted me to go strictly to credit cards only. I also have a cash rewards type of thing on my debit card, but it wasn't worth the risk. Plus the credit card has cash rewards as well... and like Frank says in the video below, I can deposit money into a money market account and out earn those rewards anyhow, and do.

So... When one of the most successful scammers in modern history is telling you to use a credit card so you don't get scammed, you may want to listen to him. Or, of course, cash is still king if you want to go that way.

[video=youtube;vsMydMDi3rI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsMydMDi3rI&t=3s[/video]

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    isn't it strange how going in and paying it doesn't put a hold on anything with a debit or credit card.

Not really.

At that point (when they put your card in), they know exactly how much to charge against your account.

If I put in my car outside, the only thing known is that I'm getting an indeterminate amount of gasoline.

Top Bottom