• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • draggin10s

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    I went Saturday. While standing in line I watched a guy reload his weapon on the way out....he had it pointed at my wife. I know it was inadvertant but I was concerned and pulled her back out of the way of the business end. Just wish people would think a little more......

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    I went Saturday. While standing in line I watched a guy reload his weapon on the way out....he had it pointed at my wife. I know it was inadvertant but I was concerned and pulled her back out of the way of the business end. Just wish people would think a little more......

We need to make it more socially accepted to verbally call a stranger on egregious safety violations.

As far as the "safe loading/unloading" goes, when I unload on arrival or gas up my heater after leaving the show, I always go to a brick wall well away from the entrance with nobody else standing around to catch brick chips if I screw up.

You would think that in all the gun shows I've been to over the years, I would have had to wait for someone using the same backstop, or turned around to find someone waiting for me to finish using it, and yet I never have...

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    What's the worst that could happen if the 1500 doesn't happen at the fairgrounds? Oh, I know. Someone else who wants to make thousands of dollars for a weekend can host it somewhere else. I love the free market. The fairgrounds is a subpar location at best. Expensive parking, horse :poop: smells in some of the buildings.. and that's before the crowds, terrible surrounding neighborhood.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Well then why doesn't World Class Gunshows make an attempt to quell the problem by creating several anti-discharge drums that are sand filled and heavily protected so that people may load and unload their firearms in a manner that protect the public and themselves.:dunno:

Just my :twocents:'s

^^^

This. BTW, you can add my :twocents:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    If you really want to promote gun safety, maybe some bored INGO'ers can provide these sand barrels and do it as a community service project instead of complaining that someone else doesn't do it. Maybe the news will pick it up (HA!).

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    As hard as the the vast majority of gun owners try be responsible and make us all look good, it only takes one stupid idiot to undo any good PR that we may have garnered.

We have met the enemy... and he is us.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    If someone can't figure out how to juice up a gun without pointing it at their hand, I'm fairly certain that advanced sand barrel technology is far beyond their grasp.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    As hard as the the vast majority of gun owners try be responsible and make us all look good, it only takes one stupid idiot to undo any good PR that we may have garnered.

We have met the enemy... and he is us.

Some drunk killed himself somewhere last night by driving his car into something, and yet he did nothing to damage my reputation as an automobile owner.

Get the voodoo off the guns by normalizing them again. We have been making such good progress at that over the last decade that the media is in full panic backlash mode. Don't buy into it.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I am sorry but the idiot has no business owning a firearm.

Someone said, But it is his right. Maybe so, but so is the safety of others.
    People are so against training or learning the 4 principles of gun safety,it is getting ridicules. Let's take a step back and think through what is happening.

To take this a step further, I'd like to see the Indiana legislature make it a misdemeanor to be in possession of a loaded firearm inside a gun show. No, this wouldn't have prevented what happened today but it is nonetheless needed.

More laws aren't going to help. We have many laws now that are not followed. Laws need to be enforced to start getting the attention there can and will be consequences.

It comes down to the fact that common sense isn't so common anymore.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    If you really want to promote gun safety, maybe some bored INGO'ers can provide these sand barrels and do it as a community service project instead of complaining that someone else doesn't do it. Maybe the news will pick it up (HA!).

OK. This sounds like a good idea. If the 1500 promoter and the Fairgrounds would approve it, would the INGO providers be liable in some way for misuse?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Not to be a person to put a "DOA" thought on this idea, by doing this, it puts Fenway and INGO in the legal explosion if a 1500 attendee happens to blow off his pinky or or have discharge in a manner that would ricochet off it and hit someone.

INGO does not have to have liability insurance since it's a internet forum.

World Class Gunshows on the other hand more than likely has to have a huge liability policy in place that is required by the Indiana State Fairgrounds.

Besides it's the organizer that requires no loaded firearms, so it should fall fully upon the shoulders of them for providing a safe area to unload and load when entering and exiting the show.

Top Bottom