• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • packin24/7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Just saw this on a different forum could this be true

Local Sheriff Explains why Department Switched from Glock to S&W M&P -- Video

One of our local Sheriff's Departments just announced that they are switching from Glocks to S&W M&P pistols. Smith and Wesson continues to offer police agencies sweetheart deals on the M&P handguns. The only payment that the department has to make for the guns is to turn in their old used Glocks in trade.

The department is paying for accessories such as belts and holsters, that they are also getting from S&W to use with their new M&P handguns, as well as for some training. But the guns themselves are coming at no cost to the department. How is it that S&W can afford to do this with so many agencies???

Here is a link to a full news report about the switchover, including a video interview with the Sheriff:

New Handguns for the Linn County Sheriff's Department | KEZI

Patrol officers are being issued the full size M&P 40, while plainclothes officers are getting the compact M&P 40c
    I think they might be grinding up Glocks to make M&P pistols

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I don't know of the cost involved but they can re-sell the Glocks and recoupe most of their money and still get more of their guns out there.
    It helps drive up their popularity value.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I don't know of the cost involved but they can re-sell the Glocks and recoupe most of their money and still get more of their guns out there.
    It helps drive up their popularity value.

+1

That's exactly right. Personally, I see no problem with it, to me it seems like smart business. Besides, I love seeing American police officers using American designed and built guns.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Its called a loss leader, think turkey near thanksgiving.

If smith does this ( as stated above0 its no different than what glock did in the past, {and colt may have recently done} I really hope some department pics up the M&P 40, and orders it in the L length, with 10-8 sights, fde frame, thumb safety, and apex foward set sear trigger kit. :-)

Top Bottom