Could today be the last day? Would it take affect that quick?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    If Obama passed EO on a gun ban tomorrow, would that mean today could be the last day to buy/sell the items to be banned?

If so, anyone willing to sign over their AR/AK to me today in trade for a promissory note that I pay for it in mid Feb? Long shot, but if this is the case, then not is it towards the end of me being able to buy one, it's also towards the end of you being able to sell one.

Let's help each other out. I'm a long time member with excellent feedback and very trustworthy. I do have a IN DL and LTCH.

If interested please PM me as soon as possible.

Thanks!!

P.S. Troll if you wish, but I think this is a very reasonable request giving the circumstances.

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    An EO gun ban is not possible. A gun ban takes an act of congress. All Obama could hope to accomplish with an EO is to emphasize the importance of enforcing established laws better.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    An EO gun ban is not possible. A gun ban takes an act of congress. All Obama could hope to accomplish with an EO is to emphasize the importance of enforcing established laws better.

An AWB is completely possible with an EO I believe because he would not be taking all our arms, so we would still be able to "bear arms". The "ex post facto" clause also does not effect this as long as he does not make ownership illegal, basically allowing grandfathering.

A ban wouldn't be instant but you'll be looking at like 6k or more for say a yugo underfolder as soon anyone heard the news.

Last edited:

ke7cq

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Near Beech Grove
    He is doing the EO surounded by little children of all races sitting on the lap of himself and the VP reading these little childrens letters of concern and their desire to be safe in their schools. What a prop usage of these children! Disgusting.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    News is already saying that he can do by EO is very limited. Still... I predict it will cause maximal aggravation over the stupidity of it all.

Thumper1000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I agree with you Light on the AWB, unfortunatly as of now it is out of our control as is most anything big govt. wants anymore.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    He can do it without congress. Who will stop him? It's an illegal order, and he's absolutely fine with being treasonous.

If it were possible to stop shootings, there would be no shootings.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    An AWB is completely possible with an EO I believe because he would not be taking all our arms, so we would still be able to "bear arms". The "ex post facto" clause also does not effect this as long as he does not make ownership illegal, basically allowing grandfathering.

A ban wouldn't be instant but you'll be looking at like 6k or more for say a yugo underfolder as soon anyone heard the news.

I agree with you Light on the AWB, unfortunatly as of now it is out of our control as is most anything big govt. wants anymore.

IIRC EO take effect 30 days from signing.

He can sign anything he wants, but has been advised, I'm sure that he cannot Constitutionally enact legislation. A new AWB would be New Legislation. He knows this. It is not in within the power of the office. Nor can he change existing law.

The House is poised to challenge anything he signs. They will act quickly if it is the least bit close.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    IIRC EO take effect 30 days from signing.

He can sign anything he wants, but has been advised, I'm sure that he cannot Constitutionally enact legislation. A new AWB would New Legislation. He knows this. It is not in within the power of the office. Nor can be change existing law.

The House is poised to challenge anything he signs. They will act quickly if it is the least bit close.

How are you looking at this within the constraints of the law?

He doesn't give two ****s if it's unconstitutional. He CANNOT be impeached. There are NO VOTES to do it. He will pass what he wants because he can't get votes for it.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    How are you looking at this within the constraints of the law?

He doesn't give two ****s if it's unconstitutional. He CANNOT be impeached. There are NO VOTES to do it. He will pass what he wants because he can't get votes for it.
    Congress does have the power to stop any illegal EO's if they have the balls to do it

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    So, you are saying you would register all your firearms and get rid of all high cap mags?

I never said this. I'm not sure what it is about people on this website jumping to conclusions. I simply said that it would be a criminal act and that criminals belong behind bars. Anything added on to that is simply conjecture.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I never said this. I'm not sure what it is about people on this website jumping to conclusions. I simply said that it would be a criminal act and that criminals belong behind bars. Anything added on to that is simply conjecture.

Illegal laws are null and void.

You won't be a criminal. You will be an illegal detainee.

Top Bottom