Country Boy S.O.S. (Angola/Steuben county area)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SamTrammell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Columbus
    I'm reaching out to you northern Indiana INGOers here....
    Myself and my roommate go to Trine University in Angola Indiana. Being that hunting season is just around the corner (and that the university frowns upon us blasting away at the many squirrels on campus..) I was wanting to know if anyone had information or tips on any public hunting grounds in the area (Angola/Stueben county) or any private land that you might permit us to hunt on. We both have hunters education and hunting experience between us. We would be willing to trade manual labor for the opportunity to hunt, cutting fire wood, any automotive work, you name it. We have our own equipment (guns, clothing, stands, knives, etc...) We are two country boys stuck here on an asphalt postage stamp, if you can sympathize or have any information please let me know.:)::)::)::)::):

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Tri-State Alumni here.
    Another possibility is to go visit the Angola Conservation Club and ask around there.
    The university used to have a shooting club that actually had rifles and would go out shooting there.
    One of the members had a secure place that we could keep our personal guns at.
    The club sponsor would also allow members to keep their personal guns at his place.
    That was many years ago though, I imagine political correctness finally did that in.
    We worked very hard to keep that club going and had a good selection of rifles for people to try.
    The best part was, the university would give us $ to buy rifles, ammo, targets and other items.
    It was one of the better ran clubs on the university.

drylkuch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2016
    West Lafayette
    Hey boys your going to have to borrow guns or find someone to keep them for you. Campus would frown on such things

There are ways to legitimately keep your guns within arms reach while at college. Here at Purdue you can store them in the ROTC building. You can also choose to live off campus or keep them at a friend's house off campus. Keeping them in the dorms is a problem though. That is likely to result in expulsion from the university and loosing your housing contract.

jag09

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indy/Cloverdale
    Trine Alum here: Your best bet is to ask around the conservation club, along with reaching out to a few of the guys on campus that have connections with people who own property around the area. I graduated in 2014 and there were a few guys who would bow hunt and some others who'd goose hunt. Hit up the gun store and bow shop, both are 15 minutes from campus or so and they could give you an idea on who to talk to

Top Bottom