• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I see things like this and I have to remind myself that those people know a whole lot more about how and when to brine roads, not to mention how to manage the equipment, personnel, and budgets necessary for taking care of the roads. I also remind myself that, if one of them had the chance and the inclination, he might explain some things to me that would make it more clear why something may have been done, and why, even though it didn't make sense to me at first, there was a well and good reason for doing it.

But, since I don't know any of those people, and I'm not the type who would put that much energy into the whys and ways of it, I just find contentment in knowing that there are people out there doing things so that the roads can be in relatively good condition if and when I might need to drive on them. And, I'm sure that, instead of having to explain things to me, they'd probably be much happier if I just said "Thank You".

(My New Years Resolution was to be less snarky on INGO :):)

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Remember the increase in the gas tax and registration fees a couple years ago? Highway departments apparently have money to burn now and they are going to do it.

The State Highway Dept was brining US50 in Jackson County yesterday afternoon. Temps this morning were 45 and it was raining.

You mean they have money left after $90M in bike paths, $90M for old airport, upgrading rural broadband, etc.........

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    You mean they have money left after $90M in bike paths, $90M for old airport, upgrading rural broadband, etc.........
    I've been told many times... these are all different budgets. Just because (for example), a school has $$$ for a multi-million dollar HS Stadium, doesn't mean they also have $$$ for teacher salaries or new books or regular maintenance. So, they need to raise taxes, and build the stadium anyway.

Wish I could pull the same stunt with my own finances.

Top Bottom