Course of action to take for immigration problem?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is the BEST course of action to fix the immigration problem? PICK ONLY TWO.

• Total voters

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Pick a maximum of two.

• Do nothing.
    • Amnesty for illegal immigrants living in the USA.
    • Build another "Great Wall".
    • War with Mexico.
    • Have police stop anyone that seems like an immigrant and require documentation.
    • Militant-style border security. Landmines, shoot on sight.
    • Repeal the social programs that draw foreigners here.
    • Repeal prohibitive work restrictions that make it hard for Americans to compete with immigrants. (i.e. Minimum Wage) (ETA: Repeal the War on Drugs.)
    • Make legal immigration easier.
    • Other.

Last edited:

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Use lethal force on anyone trying to cross, and stop giving them incentives to want to be here in the first place. I.e. Health care, free schooling, free housing, I could go on for days :rolleyes:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    1. Repeal the tyrannical and ineffective drug laws
    2. Revoke the social programs that draw them here
    3. Allow the free labor market to flow back and forth across the border

None of these options are politically realistically feasible, so I'm going to go tend to my unicorn.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    1) Only citizens are eligible for any aid paid for by taxes.
    2) Other - anyone here illegally who commits a crime (and is caught) is immediately deported. Well, maybe not violent felonies. We can set some examples with them. (Go do the same crime in a 3rd world country and see what that gets you. Even the maximum penalty in the US is better)
    3) Anyone who knowingly gives aid to a criminal (a job, hand-outs, etc...) is an accomplice. Same as any other crime.

The naturalization process is plenty easy. I have several friends who have gone through it.

I have no problem with immigrants. This country was BUILT by immigrants. Apply for citizenship, work hard, keep your nose clean, and prove that you WANT to be a citizen in the greatest country on this Earth.

I do have a problem with freeloaders and criminals. Slap some postage on their butt and send 'em home.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    We could do what Mexico does when they catch an illegal. Or Iran...or just about any other country but the USA. Heck if I was a Mecican living in Mexico Iwould come here to..just saying.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I voted to have the minimum wage law removed and "other." I would have voted for a military-esque defense of the border, but I detected some sarcasm in the poll option. Nor do I quite believe in the landmines. Aerial targeting shooting is so much more effective without the long term risk to innocents. I have zero issues with shooting on sight or similar uses of force to maintain the integrity and security of the border.

None of these options are politically realistically feasible, so I'm going to go tend to my unicorn.

Any restrictions at all on that labor or are you advocating a free-for-all border crossing party daily?

What do they do?
    Like the guru of internet sources highlighting the abuse of rights isn't aware of--and couldn't find--what is done. Don't play stupid. It doesn't suit you.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Yeah, but they are fun to talk about than bickering over whose little peck is going to dent the problem.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Any restrictions at all on that labor or are you advocating a free-for-all border crossing party daily?

Definitely a free for all. Isn't that a lovely term?

"I got me a rock and roll band it's a free for all, da, da, da, da..." Ted Nugent

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    "What is the BEST course of action to fix the immigration problem? PICK ONLY TWO."

To answer your question I will have to say: DO NOTHING.
    Immigration is a good thing, its not a problem.
    Immigration is what made that country.
    Every US citizen is from an immigrant family.

I think you meant "ILLEGAL immigration".

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    2) Other - anyone here illegally who commits a crime (and is caught) is immediately deported. Well, maybe not violent felonies. We can set some examples with them. (Go do the same crime in a 3rd world country and see what that gets you. Even the maximum penalty in the US is better)
    3) Anyone who knowingly gives aid to a criminal (a job, hand-outs, etc...) is an accomplice. Same as any other crime.

The naturalization process is plenty easy. I have several friends who have gone through it.

I have no problem with immigrants. This country was BUILT by immigrants. Apply for citizenship, work hard, keep your nose clean, and prove that you WANT to be a citizen in the greatest country on this Earth.

I do have a problem with freeloaders and criminals. Slap some postage on their butt and send 'em home.

THIS. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Seriously... I really couldn't have said it better or even as well.

I tend to verbally wander and make no sense.

At least that's what Mrs PM says.

Selective hearing is a good thing after 16 years of marriage though.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Like the guru of internet sources highlighting the abuse of rights isn't aware of--and couldn't find--what is done. Don't play stupid. It doesn't suit you.

I was attempting to use the Socratic Method here, lol. My next question would have been to ask if Iran's justice system can be reconciled with the U.S. Constitution, in any way.

Heh heh. The guru. :cool:

crawfish

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    south indy
    We need to close the border and if you catch one that can't proove they are legal we take the body to hospital for a organ harvest and scrap the body for science. Its a win win and then they will learn to speak english fill out some paper work and do it the right way instead of flooding the borders and us spending tons taking them back and paying for educations and hospital bills. What kept us from taking mexico in the first place way back when and running them down on a trail of tears blood walk to south america. Maybe extreme sorry if you find it a little much.. my bad.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    i voted to Repeal the social programs that draw foreigners here, but my emphasis is on "Repeal the social programs" in general, citizen or not.
    i also voted to make the legal immigration process easier, and i don't mean skip steps or just show an ID. we live in the information age and everything (just about) is online. the process could be sped up drastically. i think people should have the opportunity to come to the greatest nation on earth to try and make a better life for themselves, just do it according to the laws we have in place.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    We need to close the border and if you catch one that can't proove they are legal we take the body to hospital for a organ harvest and scrap the body for science. Its a win win and then they will learn to speak english fill out some paper work and do it the right way instead of flooding the borders and us spending tons taking them back and paying for educations and hospital bills. What kept us from taking mexico in the first place way back when and running them down on a trail of tears blood walk to south america. Maybe extreme sorry if you find it a little much.. my bad.

Wow. Nice, very, very nice.

It's fascinating to watch the amazing human mind embrace reason. Posts like this explain a lot of things about human history that we look back on and say, "How could that happen?" You want to understand how some of those things happened? Read this post.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

I agree.I would add having a child here does not mean you and your child get to stay forever.
    This country was build on immigration.My great grand parents where German.They went through the process and adapted to the USA.They learned English.They did not expect it to work any other way.Now the USA is adapting,not them and it is wrong.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Here is an interesting read (How the Irish Became White) and I wonder if one day 100 years from now a similar book will appear on how the Mexican became American.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Irish-Became-White-Noel-Ignatiev/dp/0415918251"]Amazon.com: How the Irish Became White (9780415918251): Noel Ignatiev: Books[/ame]

Every generation has it's "blame that group" I guess.

You want to clean the "immigration problem" you need to look at the CORE of the issue. It's not an "immigration problem", just like it's not "congress spending like crazy", or "the dummying of our education system". The CORE issue is entitlements.

Go back 100 years and in that America anyone could come here so long as they were healthy and somehow made it here (walking, coming via boat, etc..) EXCEPT then unlike now you got here and that was it you had to WORK to survive. There was no government entitlements on any type. You either worked or you died of hunger plain and simple.

Remove the entitlements ALL OF THEM and see what occurs.
    Off course no one has the balls to remove them.

Last night I heard on NPR that Americans were polled about what is wrong with the county. The majority (55%) said Congress is spending too much. The next question was "OK then what if we cut abc and xyz programs" (different programs: free school lunches, medicare, social security, VA home loans, etc it was random) the poll dropped to 10% of Americans willing to cut programs. Moral of the story. Everyone says cut but NO ONE is willing to sacrifice their entitlement.

So buckle up and wait cause this train is heading off the cliff soon. :rolleyes:

Welcome to INGO
    ---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS

Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

Top Bottom