• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia
    I’d love to do something like that with my pistol caliber lever actions, but would have to take a loan on ammo.

The TacCon block was only 40 rounds. The full class is usually 80 rounds. The main goal of the class is to teach the manipulations and techniques.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I'll go ahead and ask, since it's all I can think about since reading this thread. Is there really such a thing as what Chuck Connors uses in the beginning of "The Rifleman" TV series, enabling one to rapid-fire the lever gun? Man, I always thought that was so bad-assed. Still do!:ar15:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I'll go ahead and ask, since it's all I can think about since reading this thread. Is there really such a thing as what Chuck Connors uses in the beginning of "The Rifleman" TV series, enabling one to rapid-fire the lever gun? Man, I always thought that was so bad-assed. Still do!:ar15:
    Wait...I can type "bad-assed" but not "Swee****er" (S w e e t w a t e r ? ):laugh:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I would be interested in a class like this. I absolutely love lever guns. My 336 goes everywhere with me. I wish it could be a duty gun but chief said "just cuz you got a star doesnt mean you're a cowboy" lol. I have experienced the screws loosening I reload 30-30 so I put a lot of lead down range with my go to gun. Dad is the same as me he is quicker to grab his vaquero and '94 in .44mag than a glock and his ar15.

jlw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia
    I would be interested in a class like this. I absolutely love lever guns. My 336 goes everywhere with me. I wish it could be a duty gun but chief said "just cuz you got a star doesnt mean you're a cowboy" lol. I have experienced the screws loosening I reload 30-30 so I put a lot of lead down range with my go to gun. Dad is the same as me he is quicker to grab his vaquero and '94 in .44mag than a glock and his ar15.

The first policy that I wrote after my appointment was to authorize leverguns as patrol rifles.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I've been getting back into my leverguns lately. I have a .44 mag Rossi 92. I wanted a carbine with the octagon barrel, but they only offer it in the 24" barrel, so I got the long rifle and had it cut down to 17" about 2 years back. Now I have a nice handy carbine, but with the heavy, and classy octagon barrel. I still didn't like shooting it because that stupid curved metal butt plate, so it's at the gunsmith right now getting a Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad. It's also getting a rear peep sight from Steve's gunz put in the bolt, along with one of his large levers, and a short section of picatinny rail put on the top of the barrel for a Sig Romeo 5 that in currently on my Marlin 336. Once I get it back, I'll have a leather butt cuff made to hold some extra rounds. I'll keep an allen key under the cuff to take the Romeo 5 off with should it fail so I can use the irons. I'm thinking a .44 mag with a red dot would make agreat "social levergun".

My other levergun is the Marlin 336. Everybody needs a 336 in 30-30 right? I put the XS scout rail, and front sights on my 336 a while back and put a SIG Romeo 5 on the rail, but it's going on the Rossi, and the 336 will get a scout scope. I haven't decided what one yet. It also has a butt cuff for extra ammo (a cheap one from WalMart) and a 550 cord sling.

My "social levergun" for now, until the gunsmith get done with my .44 mag Rossi.

dOIiAls.jpg

Last edited:

jlw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia
    I've been getting back into my leverguns lately. I have a .44 mag Rossi 92. I wanted a carbine with the octagon barrel, but they only offer it in the 24" barrel, so I got the long rifle and had it cut down to 17" about 2 years back. Now I have a nice handy carbine, but with the heavy, and classy octagon barrel. I still didn't like shooting it because that stupid curved metal butt plate, so it's at the gunsmith right now getting a Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad. It's also getting a rear peep sight from Steve's gunz put in the bolt, along with one of his large levers, and a short section of picatinny rail put on the top of the barrel for a Sig Romeo 5 that in currently on my Marlin 336. Once I get it back, I'll have a leather butt cuff made to hold some extra rounds. I'll keep an allen key under the cuff to take the Romeo 5 off with should it fail so I can use the irons. I'm thinking a .44 mag with a red dot would make agreat "social levergun".

My other levergun is the Marlin 336. Everybody needs a 336 in 30-30 right? I put the XS scout rail, and front sights on my 336 a while back and put a SIG Romeo 5 on the rail, but it's going on the Rossi, and the 336 will get a scout scope. I haven't decided what one yet. It also has a butt cuff for extra ammo (a cheap one from WalMart) and a 550 cord sling.

My "social levergun" for now, until the gunsmith get done with my .44 mag Rossi.

dOIiAls.jpg

Very nice. I also suggest having the stock shortened. It makes them much more “handy”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    It's being shortened a bit. (maybe 1.5 inches) He has to take some off to do away with how that stupid metal but plate goes over the top of the stock. However, the recoil pad will make up for half of that...

Top Bottom