• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Define everyone and define machine gun. What is full auto? What is high rate of fire? Have you ever looked at the "Mad Minute" the British came up with prior to WWI? The British were to effective with their bolt actions, the Germans thought they were firing fully automatic weapons at them.
    What percentage of people could manually fire at the exceedingly fast rate of 30 rounds per minute?!? :lmfao:

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    What percentage of people could manually fire at the exceedingly fast rate of 30 rounds per minute?!? :lmfao:
    Yea i realized the bad 30 round count a minute which is very slow, that was just not proof reading at all.. Apparently it doesn't matter what i think of the bumpstock because i don't own 1 and never will waste money on something that really is impractical to own.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yea i realized the bad 30 round count a minute which is very slow, that was just not proof reading at all.. Apparently it doesn't matter what i think of the bumpstock because i don't own 1 and never will waste money on something that really is impractical to own.
    I couldn't care less about bump stocks. I don't own one. I have no desire to own one.

What I care about is ensuring that the government doesn't infringe upon second amendment-protected rights, and in ensuring that unelected bureaucrats with no legislative authority don't create de facto/de novo law and don't otherwise act outside of their statutory authority.

Thus, I care very much about how this particular court case plays out, because the entire matter hinges on ATF, an unelected bureaucracy with defined, statutory authority, has attempted to issue a de-facto law via regulatory rule-making in a manner that exceeds their statutory authority.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Define everyone and define machine gun. What is full auto? What is high rate of fire? Have you ever looked at the "Mad Minute" the British came up with prior to WWI? The British were to effective with their bolt actions, the Germans thought they were firing fully automatic weapons at them.
    I believe if i remember had to do with how the loading of the rifle had changed. The rifle could have ammo loaded into it so much faster than before and the germans didn't know this redesign existed. That's all, less down time trying to fiddle with reloading. I actually just watched that episode a couple weeks ago on AHC

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    That's it, but I'd consider it a part. So many jumping on me for what i believe. Owell..to each their own.
    Well, from the way you presented "what you believe" it appears to be in support of a government agency, with a long history of overreach and abuse, unilaterally declaring certain parts to be illegal even when those parts are clearly legal under current law, all for the sake of further eroding the 2nd amendment rights of the citizens of this country. I can't say I'm surprised that people started "jumping on you."

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Well, from the way you presented "what you believe" it appears to be in support of a government agency, with a long history of overreach and abuse, unilaterally declaring certain parts to be illegal even when those parts are clearly legal under current law, all for the sake of further eroding the 2nd amendment rights of the citizens of this country. I can't say I'm surprised that people started "jumping on you."
    I'm trying not to draw that conclusion. It's why I keep asking him to explain how his opinion is relevant. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt that there might be some other reason.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Thats what everyone know to be of a machinegun.
    "Everyone" that knows that is completely wrong and ignorant of what constitutes a automatic.

Example: Manual vs. Automatic Transmission
    Gears are being changed in both instances, sometimes extremely quickly but they are completely different actions.
    You do admit to a difference between an automatic transmission and a manual transmission correct?
    "Bump shifters in drag racing are illegal!!!!!!"

High rate of fire or simple terms..full auto, multiple rounds down barrel quickly.
    Totally wrong and doesn't fit the definition of automatic.

Trying to down play me that my opinions don't matter is just a foolish way of saying your better than me or anyone that doesn't fit in your little world...
    The little world known as reality...

wake-up-to-reality-frank-sinatra.gif

gorge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Earth
    I believe if i remember had to do with how the loading of the rifle had changed. The rifle could have ammo loaded into it so much faster than before and the germans didn't know this redesign existed. That's all, less down time trying to fiddle with reloading. I actually just watched that episode a couple weeks ago on AHC
    Full auto firearms existed prior to WWI.

Scroll down to History and see when automatic weaponry was created:

Of course the Germans knew about auto loading firearms and fully automatic weapons.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    It's really not that complicated.

A triggers function is determined by its FCG.

An auto sear (the registered part of a machinegun) does modify the trigger's function (how the FCG operates) to allow more than one round per function.

A Glock switch does modify the function of the trigger (it's FCG) to allow more than one round per function.

A bumpstock does not modify the function of the trigger (it does not modify the FCG); it can still only fire one round per function. It is merely an assistive technology to allow a human greater performance that would otherwise take a skilled, practiced shooter to accomplish (enhances a shooters ability to control bump firing).

NOTE: It IS illegal to even posses an auto sear that is not registered and (NFA) tax stamped whether it is installed in a firearm or not.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well . . . not necessarily to those who are oblivious and know nothing about firearms. That was the target audience for their S**t Show.
    and that's a MAJOR problem.
    They are the "experts" to the unknowing.

To us, they are the "idiots".
    But THEY are the ones in front of the camera.
    And of course, why would the media maybe talk to anyone that could call them out?
    Why? After all, THEIR message is being pushed.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    NOTE: It IS illegal to even posses an auto sear that is not registered and (NFA) tax stamped whether it is installed in a firearm or not.
    That’s not true at all; a DIAS? Yes, it’s a combination of parts with the sole intent of converting a weapon to fire fullauto. A sear itself? You better go tell Apex, Whatacountry, PSA, Sarco, and anyone else I’ve bought parts kits from in the past 20 years, every single one of them have, or did, provide the giggle switch parts with their parts kits.

Top Bottom