• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm job-hunting, and sometimes it's necessary to cover the 2"x3" tribal dragon tattoo I have on my forearm. Now that it's getting warmer, it's VERY uncomfortable wearing jackets or long sleeves.

Makeup is a PITA. Does anyone know of a quick effective way to cover a small-ish tattoo besides big bandaids? Ideally, I'd like some sort of patch that is like the bandaid but not a bandaid.

I've looked at Tatjacket, and it's a possibility, but I'm afraid it might be hot and uncomfortable having a band of stretchy nylon around my arm all day. I'm also looking at Tat2X cover tape as a possibility.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I'm job-hunting, and sometimes it's necessary to cover the 2"x3" tribal dragon tattoo I have on my forearm. Now that it's getting warmer, it's VERY uncomfortable wearing jackets or long sleeves.

Makeup is a PITA. Does anyone know of a quick effective way to cover a small-ish tattoo besides big bandaids? Ideally, I'd like some sort of patch that is like the bandaid but not a bandaid.

I've looked at Tatjacket, and it's a possibility, but I'm afraid it might be hot and uncomfortable having a band of stretchy nylon around my arm all day. I'm also looking at Tat2X cover tape as a possibility.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Suffer through the long sleeve shirts. I've done it before just because I hate short sleeve dress shirts.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I wonder if any kind of bandage might give the message that you're accident prone and may end up missing a lot of work. Or maybe even a risk for a workman's comp claim.

(at first I was just kidding, but really you never know) I'd go with long sleeves.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Why cover it?
    Didn't you get it for a reason (whether an identity statement or personal reason)? If it meant enough to do it, why hide it only to reveal it later? Just be up-front and who you are.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Oh the places this thread can/will go...

I, too, would just wear sleeves. Y'all women-folk have many more "light weight" long-sleeved clothing options than do us men-folk.

-J-

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Why cover it?
    Didn't you get it for a reason (whether an identity statement or personal reason)? If it meant enough to do it, why hide it only to reveal it later? Just be up-front and who you are.

Because some people develop a prejudice against things like that. In a job interview you want every factor you can control in your favor. We just talked about this and Dreadlocks in class yesterday.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Why cover it?

I will have to cover it once I get the job, so I might as well start with the interviews.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Oh the places this thread can/will go...

I, too, would just wear sleeves. Y'all women-folk have many more "light weight" long-sleeved clothing options than do us men-folk.

-J-

Notsomuch. Women's (esp. plus size) long-sleeve dressier tops are nearly always polyester. :puke: I have a few long-sleeved blouses I can wear for interviews, but I also need a long-term solution for when I get a job.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Sweat bands.

sweatbands.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I just saw a video about a new makeup type cover that has been created. I'll see if I can find the video.

[video=youtube_share;9mIBKifOOQQ]http://youtu.be/9mIBKifOOQQ[/video]

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    Brilliant idea....That's about as useful a response as a pile of bird poop.

There is always laser removal.

But no there is no really easy way to cover a tattoo. The best way is to get them only in places that will be covered by a t-shirt. I have friends with full length sleeve tats and facial piercings that constantly complain that the only jobs they can get involve gas stations, or chief floor mopper at the local greasy spoon.

Use Common sense when getting body art is all I'm saying.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I just saw a video about a new makeup type cover that has been created. I'll see if I can find the video.

[video=youtube_share;9mIBKifOOQQ]http://youtu.be/9mIBKifOOQQ[/video]

Fount it.

Top Bottom