• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This came up on our weekly Covid call for our health system. According to our expert, there are no guarantees that the vaccine will grant the recipient any immunity for "X" length of time. She was not able to clarify if a booster would be needed or if annual vaccinations would be 'encouraged' and/or mandated when the vaccine is no longer under emergency approval. So much unknown with this thing, not sure why anyone would willingly inject it into their person as it currently stands.

Some of us wont.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Some of us wont.

Be grateful you have an option. Vaccinations are mandated frequently to employees in the healthcare field. They care not if you work in the kitchen or in direct patient contact, you will comply as a condition of employment. There are many who are currently planning to exit healthcare at the time that the emergency classification is lifted and therefore the statute that prevents the mandate is removed. There are too many unknowns at this time. Yes, it may be harmless and there are those who believe it to be a part of their commitment to keeping their patients safe.

This is just one more stressor on an already overwhelmed staff. STOP. Take three steps back, think with a clear and rational mind. The fatality rate is less than the flu. What would you have decided to do if this were three years ago? Five years ago? BEFORE absolute compliance to every edict became the popular choice. Does this make sense for you? Are you comfortable with the known and unknown risks? You get the injection you are living with the consequences, there isn't a way to undo that. Just be informed. Read news articles coming from news agencies OUTSIDE of the United States. Just take a minute and be sure you are cool with it before rolling up your sleeve.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    OkieGirl said:
    The fatality rate is less than the flu.

No, it isn't.

Influenza hasn't killed 300k+ Americans in a single year since 1918. Even if somebody thinks COVID-attributed deaths are grossly overcounted, you can halve that figure and still be significantly above the toll of the 1968 H3N2 pandemic.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    No, it isn't.

Influenza hasn't killed 300k+ Americans in a single year since 1918. Even if somebody thinks COVID-attributed deaths are grossly overcounted, you can halve that figure and still be significantly above the toll of the 1968 H3N2 pandemic.

Neither has Covid. The CDC numbers show that the same number of people have died in the US this year as last year. As long as the people performing the tests have a financial interest in positive results
    the numbers will continue to rise. Stop paying hospitals government money for positive tests and Covid numbers will drop off a cliff.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    No, it isn't.

I haven't checked the numbers in question but IMO the question isn't [flu mortality vs CV mortality] it's [CV mortality/risk of infection vs percieved vaccine hazards]. If CV was something like ebola, there wouldn't be much discussion about taking the vaccine

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not for nuthin’ but here’s this!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alaska-health-worker-had-serious-012800134.html

Most won’t buy a first model year car, gun, etc. but they want to line up to be injected with the first model year vaccine? Especially one with VERY little research evidence, released under EMERGENCY APPROVAL? What’s the general timeline for even a “fast tracked” drug before it gets FDA approval?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Anti Vaxxer jokes, much like their children, never get old. But I’m out on this one for a bit. Hopefully a few years from now, we won’t see the “If you, or someone you loved” commercials on these vaccines.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Anti Vaxxer jokes, much like their children, never get old. But I’m out on this one for a bit. Hopefully a few years from now, we won’t see the “If you, or someone you loved” commercials on these vaccines.
    That’s funny, we were just saying that this morning at the firehouse table during coffee.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Kind of like the opening scenes of the movie 'I Am Legend' where the plot was a genetically re-engineered measles vaccine, originally created as a cure for cancer, turns lethal. The vaccine kills 90% of the world's population and turns 9.8% into vampiric, albino, zombie-like, cannibalistic mutants called Darkseekers, who are extremely vulnerable to the ultraviolet rays in sunlight. The remaining 0.2% of the population is immune to the virus and is the prey of the mutant Darkseekers.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Kind of like the opening scenes of the movie 'I Am Legend' where the plot was a genetically re-engineered measles vaccine, originally created as a cure for cancer, turns lethal. The vaccine kills 90% of the world's population and turns 9.8% into vampiric, albino, zombie-like, cannibalistic mutants called Darkseekers, who are extremely vulnerable to the ultraviolet rays in sunlight. The remaining 0.2% of the population is immune to the virus and is the prey of the mutant Darkseekers.

People fearing an "I Am Legend" outcome from a mRNA vaccine are just as bad as people fearing a "Contagion" outcome from SARS-CoV-2.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    People fearing an "I Am Legend" outcome from a mRNA vaccine are just as bad as people fearing a "Contagion" outcome from SARS-CoV-2.

Yeah, I'm not worried about people becoming dark-seeking zombies, but if this vaccine turned people into Will Smith clones... :nailbite:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah, I'm not worried about people becoming dark-seeking zombies, but if this vaccine turned people into Will Smith clones... :nailbite:

tenor.gif

That movie SUCKED.

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    If you think having Bell’s palsy is fun, then I would definitely get the vaccine. There is a video out there it a nurse who got it after the vaccine. Pretty sad to watch.

Top Bottom