• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I know there are tons of Covid threads but most are political, this one is not. I will keep this short.

I have a close friend who has been in the hospital now for three weeks with Covid. He is 50, very fit, runs, exercises daily and no underlying conditions. He is to the point today they are going to put him on a vent. His wife is beside herself. She is asking for other medication be tried first and the hospital is denying her request. Yesterday she had a meeting set up with the doctors to plead her case and they held it at a different time without telling her. When one doctor did show up he brought a security guard with him, really? She is fighting for her husbands life and the hospital says they can not give him anything outside of CDC guidlines. For the record she is asking for hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin and something called budesonide.

She has contacted an attorney.

What other options does she have?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

This is an FDA approved covid drug have they tried it?

Edit: here is another drug made by Lilly.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The politicians, who have no medical background, are giving orders to the hospital corporations and administrators, who mostly have no medical background. They certainly have not taken or believe in the Hippocratic oath. That is who is making decisions on how to treat covid. You are not getting Dr's care, Dr's are submitting and you are receiving Government mandates, even if they kill you.

Of course the financial charges are determined by the corporate boards, with no consideration of your health. In obama's dream this is how all healthcare will be, except of course for the elite.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Wow maybe self medicate then. Hello Rural King.

My father's Dr has been using ivermectin and has not lost a patient to Covid-19 yet. Maybe change your Dr.
    Ivermectin Paste for animals is different than Ivermectin pills. Don't try self medicating with the paste!

There are SOME doctors, typically not in corporate practices, that use Ivermectin. Hospitals typically will not allow it to be administered in the hospital without a court order because the FDA/CDC lists Ivermectin only for clinical trials. The OP says the patient is in the hospital. I know of several cases where court orders forced the hospitals to allow an outside physician to come in to administer Ivermectin. In the cases of which I am aware, the hospitals did not even provided nursing staff to help with the administration of Ivermectin. Liabiity issues.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'd be asking for Monoclonal Antibody Treatment.

It is approved. It is largely effective.

and

Top Bottom