• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    At ProTEQ we also have Wild Bunch Matches and Long Range Buffalo Rifle Shoots on the FIRST Saturday of the Month. Check it out on our website...proteq.us The schedule starts in April and runs through October. I'm reserving Novembers 1st & 3rd weekends hoping the club will expand their schedule. Wild Bunch uses the 1911 45acp, Winchester 97 (or model 12), and a lever action rifle. The scenarios are different than CAS with a more open concept of how many rounds are used. The Long Range shoots will run 50 to 150 yards for now, but might lengthen later. All rifle designs pre-1900 are welcome, but the bullets MUST BE LEAD. Scoring will be related to the rifle styles, lever/pump, single action, muzzle loading. We'll begin with paper the first shoot, but try to devise metal / paper variations through out the year. Evil minds are working on that:):. If you have questions go to the website and / or email me......proteq.us

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Just put me a '73 in my cowboy arsenal, it's gonna be a great addition. Lookin forward to the next match. Hopefully we will have nice sunny day and no wind at Paradise Pass. Always look forward to seeing some vistors there to see the action.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    Just put me a '73 in my cowboy arsenal, it's gonna be a great addition. Lookin forward to the next match. Hopefully we will have nice sunny day and no wind at Paradise Pass. Always look forward to seeing some vistors there to see the action.

When are you going to start being a REAL cowboy and shoot blackpowder?????? :D:D

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Hey now Grizhicks I aint sure on that one yet. I probably will shoot NCOWS this year. Just got my reservations made for the Ohio state shoot and the app is goin out this week. Lookin forward to Piqua, hear its a good shoot.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    We had a lead blazin, fire throwin, steel bangin, smoke flyin good time Saturday and iffins you didnt make the the match then thats to bad cuz Aunt B made CAKE and it was goooood! She made venison chili too! We had a nice size posse and a real nice day too. Good fun!

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Short Term Emory, Michigan Slim and myself loaded up the rubber wheeled covered wagon and headed down to the Circle R in Brookston this past Saturday and shot our 1st cowboy match at this particular club. Good time it was! Good ppl and food after words. This was Circle R's 1st match for the 2013 season.
    Short Term Emory
    004-1_zpsc9cde7d2.jpg

Michigan Slim
    005_zps361c0167.jpg

Flush Draw
    006_zpsbdc7f2ed.jpg

Last edited:

Shortterm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Mentone
    Yep, we had a great time down at the Circle R. I never shot a Texas star before. That was a lot of fun!!! Seemed like a great bunch of cowboys down there!!!

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    April 6th monthly match was an all out good time at Paradise Pass! We had 57 shooters I believe and 5 well written stages of bangin and clangin fun. Yehaww! (Oh and I wrote the stages) No wonder it was so fun.
    Then today April 7th we had an NCOWS match (National Congress of Old West Shootist). It was my first NCOWS match and man thats a lot a fun!
    Next monthly match is May 4th come on out and check it out!

AceDerringer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Thanks, it felt good to get back in the swing of tossing some lead down range.... I am looking forward to shooting a whole heap more than i have the past few years.... I will be back to my old form soon...I saw glimpses of it, but wow was I rusty.... I hope to mayhe even do GOA again this year.... Regardless its always a "blast"....

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    This weekend, April 13th & 14th, should be shooting at:

Atlanta Cattle Company (Saturday)
    Atlanta, IN

Pleasant Valley Renegades (Saturday)
    Canaan, IN

Schuster's Rangers (Sunday)