• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Hey cowboys & cowgirls - brand new newbie here again.

Got my SASS package in the mail the other day. I am officially Quint Asper. I've been watching Gunbroker, the classifieds on SASS, and a bunch of other places and I can't seem to come up with a pair of Vaqueros. I checked my local gun shop and found I can order brand new for $1100 for the pair, plus tax. It seems all the Vaquers are going for new or better prices! If I don't find something soon I'm going to sell a couple more things and just buy new.

For now, I'll be shooting 44 special (can't find any specials yet, just 44 mag) in my Henry Big Boy, My buddy's Stagecoach shotgun, and hopefully soon a pair of Vaqueros in 45 Colt.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Ace it was good to see ya yesterday! It was a great shoot. Always fun to watch Duece shoot. Looking forward to Thunder in Paradise too. Are you going to Piqua for the Ohio State shoot?

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    It was a great shoot at Paradise! Short Skirt did a great job on the stages. My newly slicked up Rossi ran like a top. Kaya's new Winchester performed great and her pistol work was light years ahead of last year. I honed the chambers on her Stoeger and not one hull stuck all day. Now I just need to open them up some to make them easier to load.

100Xkid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    kokomo area
    It was great to see every one at the Pass. Little on the cold side but 48 shooters was a great turn out.
    If you have not made the trip to to shoot there u are missing out.
    thanks
    100x

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Once I figured out that the barrels on that Derringer aim like Marty Feldman's eyes, it went OK! I can't remember which barrel does what now though....... At least they shoot straight!

Shortterm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Mentone
    Man, what a great shoot on Saturday. Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement for stage writing. I had a lot of fun doin that. And we're just over a month away from Thunder in Paradise. Really lookin forward to that and Shootout at Hard Times in Ohio.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    it's COWBOY season (but don't shoot us, we'll shoot back); I know some clubs have been at it, but April starts hot & heavy

this weekend (4/12 & 4/13) you'll find shooting at:

Atlanta Cattle Company (Saturday) and

Shcuster's Rangers (Sunday)

see you in Atlanta..... Grizhicks

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Have been hand loading black powder cartridges for 3 evenings. I'd say by this Sunday I will have enough for two matches. Need enough for Thunder in Paradise, the Bristol shoot next weekend and maybe the match in May. Having fun doin it.

Shortterm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Mentone
    Have been hand loading black powder cartridges for 3 evenings. I'd say by this Sunday I will have enough for two matches. Need enough for Thunder in Paradise, the Bristol shoot next weekend and maybe the match in May. Having fun doin it.

Growing stronger in this one the dark side is!!

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Wolffs Rowdy Rangers opener is this coming weekend! Bristol Indiana
    Come check out the fun!! Saturday the 19th. Im shooting Frontier Cartridge cripple I'm thinkin...
    Otta be a goodn.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Im fixin to get better oncet I gets my leather strapped on and my shootin irons back in em. I hope fer the most part the stages will be stand and deliver. I sur aint gonna do any runnin.

Top Bottom