• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    Just when you think the expensive stuff has been purchased !
    It depends what your finances are like. There are so many good leather companies I don't know how to pick for myself.
    My first rig I got from cowboyneeds.com they are half the price of the others, but in my opinion they are also not the same quality. They work fine for me right now. If I had a better rig I don't think I would be any better or faster. I know that some day I will upgrade but I don't know to what yet, but, they will have a steel reinforcement in them. I shoot cross draw right now and I'm comfortable with that.
    Another place to look would be Black Hills Leather.

Sorry I'm not much help but I'm still working through it myself. I just wanted to start shooting and not wait. These will make a good back or loaner up set later on.

Here is a partial list of manufactures A Compiled List of Holster Makers. - Pistolsmith

Good Luck

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I'm partial to Black Hills Leather! Started out with Cabelas Triple K. The BHL is way faster! They are lined, have fish lips and are cut away for easy access. Rudy is #1 in the leather business. Makes a great rig. Lay down the cash you will be glad you did.
    Paradise Pass we shoot tomorrow the 7th gonna be fun!

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I'll agree with selinoid44 about Black Hills Leather. I bought my cowboy rig from Rudy and he did a great job. I've also bought concealed carry holsters and several belts from him. Great service and quality.

He does make an IWB/OWB holster for concealed carry that is great. It was my first holster which allowed me to switch back and forth a little to see which method of carry I preferred. The best thing, besides a reasonable price is that I don't have a box full of holsters I didn't like.

jamesb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    For my cowboy outfit I go my leather at Black Hills, Rudy has always taken care of me and has done requests when asked. He has great customer service too. I started with a low crossdraw but switched to strong side, Rudy made me a new holster and it matched perfectly. For my wife's rig we talked to Russ the Carver (The Carver Custom Holsters by Russ) at the mason dixon stampede. He measured her and did a custom setup for her, she picked the tooling and conchos. She has been very happy with it. We have also used Ed's custom leather (Ed's Custom Leather Crafts) for our bullet pouches.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Just drove to Tennesee and back this week. Wonderin' how many clubs I passed on the way. Last vacation I ever take without a brace of pistols or a boat! Or BOTH!

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    We had a record number of shooters today at Bristol / Wolffs Rowdy Rangers..38 I think. Had great weather and 5 good stages. Guns ran smooth but I cant say that for my shotgun shells. I sorted thru around 200 shells a week ago that were rejects. Salvaged lead and primers from the worst of them and tried to salvage the rest as practice stuff. Well I decided to shoot it today and had several squibs but heck I expected it to do that. We had a great time as always. Had a couple of new shooters today too. Always good to see new ppl coming into the great sport of CAS.
    Hope to see a record number of shooters at Paradise Pass on July 5th and 6th for the Wiley Walt 2 day Memorial Shoot. If anybody has questions about this shoot, feel free to pm me.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Hoping to make it to Paradise and mow long range Thursday. With all this rain it's got to be knee high. Kaya and I joined Short Term and Ray L Gun at Deer Creek on Sunday. It was Kaya's 14th Birthday and she wanted to shoot. What a great bunch of folks with a nice place to shoot. Thanks to all down there for the great time!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    My Vaqueros came in last Friday! Shot them Saturday - LOVE the Vaqueros. I'm almost ready to try a shoot, still waiting on some 45LC Cowboy loads from Midway. Still not on line reloading yet, but should have the bare minimum to do a CAS shoot soon. Excited to get started.

My Vaqueros are chambered .45LC SS with 5.5" barrels. Not thrilled with the holster, but will move in to a better rig on down the road. Just needed something to get started.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    And, I must say, the long range at Paradise is looking mighty fine. Wonder who does that? LOL The only practice I get is the side matches before main match. Neighbors get upset if I practice at the house...........

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Caint hardly wait to get my Vaqueros back!!! Im getting a royal flush engraved on them Just above the trigger guard on the outsides only. Might want to do something else inside later. Will post pics when I gettem back!

Top Bottom