• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I found out today that the female that works adjacent to me has a lifetime permit. I found this out after she told me that she had a gun. Then she told me that she bought the gun at Don's guns.:rolleyes: She was robbed and the police officer that came to the scene told her to get a weapon and shoot someone when they came in her house.:yesway: Well, I asked her how much she paid for her Bersa .380. She said she got a warranty, a range session, and box of ammo for ....wait for it....
    $700.00!!!

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Sound's about right for Don. I can't say I am surprised. I hope there was conversation involved more than "Oh, I have a gun, and a LTCH too.." Hopefully you told her that's outrageous and she learned to shop around.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    well

i did not want to discourage her for buying a gun but i wanted to tell her that she got ripped off....i asked her what gun she got exactly and then sent her a pic of the gun at buds where it was around 300...she was stunned ...i called there when i first moved to indy area to get a quote on a glock 19....they told me like %800-$900.....what a joke....
    Sound's about right for Don. I can't say I am surprised. I hope there was conversation involved more than "Oh, I have a gun, and a LTCH too.." Hopefully you told her that's outrageous and she learned to shop around.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    That's criminal.

Tell her I got mine for $225 with an extra magazine and TWO boxes of ammo. Really -- tell her. Friends don't let friends shop at Don's.

The original owner put one box of ammo through it and decided he didn't like it. Still had the factory grease in it.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was in there to use the range, as I sometimes do on a windy day, and I heard a conversation between the clerk and two gentleman concerning a 20 pack box of WOLF 7.62x39:
    G1:"How much is that?"
    C:"20 dollars."
    G2:"What's that, like a dollar a round?"
    C:"Yeah, 1 dollar a round."
    G1:"****, that's a good deal, though."
    G2:"That's self defense ammo right there."

I felt really bad b/c the guy kept going on about how he was glad he "got a .40" because nothing else would stop a bad guy. I can only imagine how much he's paying for THAT ammo.

Went to Church's Chicken across the street and found out they now sell macaroni and cheese. What a magical day.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Why is it that the more I read these threads about Don's, I want to go there? There must be something wrong in my brain. I read about how aweful the place is, but for some reason I feel I need to go there and experience it for myself.

Sorry to hear your friend got swindled out of 700 bones. Hopefully this will be a learning experience for her, and now you both can go shooting together.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    If he asked $700 and she accepted his offer, that is a deal. She should have ask someone to help her with the decision or shopped around.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I found out today that the female that works adjacent to me has a lifetime permit. I found this out after she told me that she had a gun. Then she told me that she bought the gun at Don's guns.:rolleyes: She was robbed and the police officer that came to the scene told her to get a weapon and shoot someone when they came in her house.:yesway: Well, I asked her how much she paid for her Bersa .380. She said she got a warranty, a range session, and box of ammo for ....wait for it....
    $700.00!!!

Don is a vulture. With that said, some car dealerships take advantage of women too. More than once I have had to straighten out one that took advantage of my wife when she took her vehicle in for maintenance. So far, since moving here, we have not had that happen. (Kudos to Mike Raisor's in Lafayette).

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I think there is nothing illegal/criminal about it but it sure is unethical, in my opinion to take advantage of a scared single female trying to defend her home from break-ins

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    criminal

I know you are using the word criminal in a colloquial sense but i would not say criminal but unethical and greedy. I did not tell her that i got one of mine for $200...i just sent her a link to a reasonably priced weapon and let her conclude...i am not trying to make her feel bad, ill-informed, or stupid but I did try to encourage her for making a decision to protect herself. When she made the decision to buy she was under quite a bit of duress because she was scared and the office advised her to get a gun...she said when she though I have to get a gun she though of Don's guns and they sold her ....
    That's criminal.

Tell her I got mine for $225 with an extra magazine and TWO boxes of ammo. Really -- tell her. Friends don't let friends shop at Don's.

The original owner put one box of ammo through it and decided he didn't like it. Still had the factory grease in it.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    That makes me sad and a little mad at the same time. Still America and he can charge what he wants, but good consumers not buying there would put him out of business or cause him to lower his pricing to at least MSRP.

Top Bottom