• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Cow's milk is easily obtained, other than water, what drink makes more sense? It doesn't seem to me very surprising that somebody tried it at some point. What surprises me is that people figured out how to brew beer or ferment wine, a lot more time and effort in that.
    Wine is easy. Go out get a bunch of grapes and crush them, then let them sit for a few days or longer. Except for some of the newer "table grapes" virtually all grapes have all the nutrients/sugar/etc to feed the yeast which naturally are on the skin of the grapes and floating in the air. Something like 99.9+%.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sigh... only on INGO would people be lining up to tell me that making wine is easier than milking a cow.
    Well, for domesticated cattle, you're right. If you're talking about early humans with wild cattle then I'd say that's not much of a stretch. I doubt that the plains Indians were walking up, plopping down on a stool with their bucket next to a buffalo cow.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I don't drink it, but will cook and everything else with it. Back in grade school I got a spoiled container of milk and haven't drank it since.

Also, what else are you supposed to drink, human milk? Okay, I have tried it out of curiosity. It isn't bad. My wife pumped after both kids ate and I gave bottles to them and tried it once.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I will say there’s not much better than fresh cream skimmed of the top off the bulk tank poured over some fresh peaches, blueberries or strawberries. We had a tin can hanging on the wall in the milk house and would just dip in the tank to get a drink.

If I remember correctly we all had gastrointestinal issues the first couple of weeks but got used to it. City cousins up for a visit wouldn’t touch the stuff cause it smelled like………milk?
    Dad had a fit when Mom bought store bought milk while we had a thousand gallons in the barn.

That's a point I've made before and people seem to have forgotten or think I'm crazy... But I remember when you'd go to the store and the meat counter smelled like meat, the vegetables smelled like vegetables and the fruit smelled like fruit.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Been drinking fresh cow milk since I was around 10 years old, still at it for over 50+years. Tried fresh Goat's milk, here and when I was in Vietnam, I'll stick with the local cow's version.

Top Bottom