• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadownick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Morristown, IN
    Well, I got bored with getting skunked on a daily basis while deer hunting.. so I figured I might as well drag something out of the woods. I spotted her around 9:30am and she met the wrath of a 44 magnum. Dropped her where she stood! I've been seeing them damn near every morning recently... anyone else notice the yote population increasing?

331710_10152306284895440_1433417475_o.jpg

Jarhead1775

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Rushville
    I have shot quite a few this year.

Best was 2 weeks ago while helping a buddy develop a load for his .338 Lapua, one strutted into the range we were using. We ranged it at 610 yards and took an educated guess with the wind... held 5 MIL high and hit it right in the middle of the right shoulder. Needless to say... the hide was ruined at best. A 250gr HPBT going 2750fps does an adequate job!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I haven't been able to spend any time in the woods but I was at a party in October and while we were sitting around the bonfire, we heard them in all directions. It sounded like we were hearing more doing a bit of "talking" back and forth than we'd heard around the same time last year. (in Warsaw) I've seen a few hanging out in fields and a few crossing fairly busy roads going into neighborhoods this year. (in South Bend not that far from the fairgrounds)

MarineOne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I just bought a Remington 700 Varmint .223 this week as a Dick's Sporting Goods Black Friday deal to help out with the coyote population around my place. I've noticed a high number of them around late summer/early fall but didn't think too much of it. As I was bow hunting a couple of weeks ago I watched two of them chasing a doe through a field. It dawned on me that if they're chasing down a deer, what would they do if one of my little girls was out in the pasture alone?
    The coyote hunt is on!

Top Bottom