• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I am going to start thinning coyote population from farm I hunt.I have a deer processor that is going to give me deer carcasses to hunt over.How long can deer carcasses be good for , before they are not helpfull.after a day or two they wont have any odor, I dont think.Or does odor matter.I am thinking on using electronic caller of crows fighting .Any ideas on subject.:):

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Another option is to set snares around the carcasses. I know someone who used to get carcasses from a processor and snare a lot coyotes. I still don't think he was able to get the population under control.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We use roadkill for bait and stinkiness doesn't seem to matter. We've had a few bucks that they didn't seem to be interested in but most deer don't last long once we put them out. Some are gone in 24 hours other than bones and a bit of the hide. The carcasses draw in all sorts of wildlife...coyotes, skunks, coons, possums, hawks, owls, crows, etc.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    One thing I do enjoy when I set out a carcass is the different kinds of animals that show up, just a lot of fun looking at camera pictures of the wildlife, crows are interesting too.

Top Bottom