• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'm planning to do a little Coyote hunting this year since I won't be able to get any deer hunting in for a variety of reasons (work, vacation, blah blah blah). Been hunting for a variety of other animals over the years, but this is the first Coyote hunt.

I'm planning on hunting them on privately owned family land (so fits the "land owner" requirement) or on some other private property with written permission.

Just wanted to make sure I understand the regulations clearly from the DNR site:

1) As a land owner or one with written permission of a land owner, I don't need a hunting license.

2) There are no firearm or magazine restrictions (have an AR I'd really like to put to the test with a 20rd PMAG).

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4606373

Thanks in advance!

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I'm pretty sure you still need a small game license to hunt coyotes on private land 'if it is not your land' even with consent. If it is your land, you are the 'landowner' then your probably okay. You are allowed I believe to hunt them on private property out of season with consent of the landowner. I might get corrected on this but thats the way I understand it.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Quoted right from the DNR website. Hope you kill them all. Good luck. :yesway:

"Landowners, or a person with written permission from a landowner, may take coyotes year-round on private property by snaring, trapping or shooting without a permit from the DNR. A landowner does not need a permit to take coyotes on his/her property by one of these methods, but a hunting or trapping license is required to hunt or trap coyotes on land other than your own."

Top Bottom