coyotes killed last weekend (warning graphic pics)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    2013-01-06_09-08-33_752_zps12f9d7fb.jpg

Last edited:

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I had a whole page story on this hunt but some how after typing it all out detail by detail and adding the pics once i hit the submit button and it made me relog back in and i had lost the entire thing. so
    Im not rewritting it again.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    the 2nd and 3rd pic is 0f the top coyote close up, I was leading it because it was on the move , i had missed it 2 other shots
    the deep snow had it slowed way down and i was leading it a bit to far
    My buddy killed the larger male coyote in the pic at the same time.( same hunt location)
    4 coyotes were caught out in the open in a cut corn stubble field

you can see the coyote i killed skid to a stop once i made the shot, it was a lucky shot even though It was my point of aim because i was leading a moving target ( it wasn't moving as fast as normal because of the snow)
    It entered 1 eye and exited the other eye

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I miss shooting coyotes. Sold my rifle last year when I needed some money. Me and my coworker went coyote hunting on his dads property. He used a 22-250. I used a 300 win mag. I found out real quick that 300 win mag was a lil bit of over kill for a hunting coyotes. Blew one the coyotes right rear leg off at roughly 300 yards.

toppgunnz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Indiana
    Almost like fish in a bucket these days. The most fun a guy could have for .50/shot! and the pelts are awesome this time of year.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I miss shooting coyotes. Sold my rifle last year when I needed some money. Me and my coworker went coyote hunting on his dads property. He used a 22-250. I used a 300 win mag. I found out real quick that 300 win mag was a lil bit of over kill for a hunting coyotes. Blew one the coyotes right rear leg off at roughly 300 yards.

Yes i would agree thats a bit too large for coyotes
    i perfer 22-250 or a 12 ga that shoot 3 1/2 inch shells

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

300 win mag is good for up to and including cape buffalo, might've been a bit much. I shot a few groundhogs with one many years ago. The exist wound size depended on the size of the groundhog.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Why all the hate for coyotes? I rather like the yipes in the night. Their call of the wild and the owls sounding off always makes me smile. Of course, I do not have any livestock, outside dogs or rabbit hunt.

Don't get me wrong. I am not being judgemental, just curious...

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    Why all the hate for coyotes? I rather like the yipes in the night. Their call of the wild and the owls sounding off always makes me smile. Of course, I do not have any livestock, outside dogs or rabbit hunt.

Don't get me wrong. I am not being judgemental, just curious...

Just a bit of info on the coyote.
    They are the #1 carrier of k-9 distemper , they carrie mange and many other nasty diseases that can and will be transfered to domestic animals.
    They feast on domestic dogs and cats and have been know to kill humans when given the chance.
    They will kill live stock such as sheep , goat , cows , chickens and many others.
    They overpopluate to uncontrollable numbers in many location through out the United States.
    The kill red fox and reduce their numbers to almost nothing in many areas. like the area I live and hunt.
    They are just about as bad as the cockroach!

Sure I like to listen to them but I also like to see red fox and other wildlife that the coyote thinned to the point that almost none exsist in certain areas.

Top Bottom