Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Where the heck do you find all of these links that spawns these threads, Rambone? Is there like a clearinghouse somewhere - ala Drudge Report - or are you surfing all of these blogspots?

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    What is disturbing is that none of the things complained about are illegal and all are completely legitimate choices for a parent to make. Hell, the Department of Homeland Security recommends a 72 hour supply of goods be kept on hand. This CPS worker needs to be investigated and sent for remedial training.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Where the heck do you find all of these links that spawns these threads, Rambone? Is there like a clearinghouse somewhere - ala Drudge Report - or are you surfing all of these blogspots?
    A lot of these come from things forwarded to me and things that I see posted on facebook. There are literally dozens of sources I casually follow.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    seemed more like a buy the book instructional article than a real incident. like it you wanted to make a story to teach someone what to do. but if its real, then its F'd up. no one is walking into my house unless I invite them. notice I said walk.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    My response to why I have a bug out bag would have be that I am following Government Instructions per FEMA. They recommend a minimum three day supply of food and water.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    seemed more like a buy the book instructional article than a real incident. like it you wanted to make a story to teach someone what to do. but if its real, then its F'd up. no one is walking into my house unless I invite them. notice I said walk.

I hear ya man, but all it takes is one phone call from someone saying you are mistreating your kids and they will show up with the cops knocking on your door. Just like if my ole lady was pissed enough at me she could file a restraining order and I would instantly lose my rights to own firearms. It is a complete stampede on our rights just because somebody said something bad.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Then it just becomes a matter of what you are or aren't willing to take and submit to. and what the "count" will be. NO ONE is taking my child. Especially when I take better care of her than anyone could and give her everything including love, and she is safe. police are not gods. They dont have an open warrant to f*** people over without consequences.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Then it just becomes a matter of what you are or aren't willing to take and submit to. and what the "count" will be. NO ONE is taking my child. Especially when I take better care of her than anyone could and give her everything including love, and she is safe. police are not gods. They dont have an open warrant to f*** people over without consequences.
    I agree with you 100%, but they do it every single day and we all know it.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I guess I should've bought that hormone filled milk so my daughters can have boobs the size of water melons when their 10 instead of that organic milk. Sh*t, prolly shouldn't have added that SOG 'hawk to my BOB either.

CPS can suck it. One of my sales reps just went through a whole steaming pile of CPS bs that was completely unfounded. Sad thing is, there are kids out there who need help but these d-bags are too busy following up on leads without regard for anyone's rights or common sense.

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I was investigated by CPS almost 10 years ago. The complaint, I spanked my boys and made one of them sit at the kitchen table every night for 2 hours after school to read a book or do homework. The result .... parent classes and anger management :xmad:. They pulled them out of class at school, stripped them to their underwear to check for marks, and interviewed them without me knowing.

You see my son would come home after school everyday and claim he didn't have homework or that he completed it at school. His report card proved otherwise, so the kitchen table rule went into effect. The spankings were rare, but an option along with the loss of privileges.

The complaint was filed by my ex-wife after she lost in a custody battle! :D Amazing, today my boys are now 15 & 16, they show respect to their elders, do great in sports, and get good grades. They also know the old man can still take them ..... :laugh:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    damn that man needs a proof-reader.

and honestly, CPS needs to get its head out of its ass. I do not fault them for investigating legitimate (if unfounded) complaints, but these are not even legitimate.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    I do have to say, CPS kinda makes me weary. I'm 20 and I was raised "well enough" to have callous on my ass, and I figured I'd keep up the tradition. Guess I can't use chloroform and tasers like I planned.For real though, this is ridiculous.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    One of these days they are going to ATTEMPT to take a child from the wrong parent. Justice will be swift and just. :twocents:

If someone's solution is to shoot the government worker on the spot, maybe they should be looked at....and not have firearms.

I don't think CPS is doing great work, but its not as if they are coming in in the night and stealing children from their beds.

So frankly I hope that doesn't happen...it will only hurt firearms causes, and likely give agencies like CPS access to more physical force in doing what they do.

Top Bottom