• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have carried in them many times without any issues. Didn't the video say there were 75 people with half of them carrying rifles slung over their backs? So because they didn't think 35+ people with rifles over their backs would be a good idea in their restaurant, I should stop going there for my chicken liver dinner?

No stop eating there because their food will kill you!

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    conceal it. I like their breakfast too much to give it up. :) As for a 2a issue, they are a private business. Vote with your money and be done with it.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Personally I believe they were soliciting a response from CB. Carrying a long gun into the restaurant? PLEASE! They got what they were looking for.

So I guess that all those individuals that went to the Tilted Kilt in Indy after the rally a few weeks ago and were met with open arms (pardon the pun) were damaging our cause.

Granted all I saw was a few pictures and I can't recall if there were any people wearing camo and combat boots, but it didn't seem to me that people were freaking out about it, long guns and all.

Stop villianizing 2A supporters for doing so in their own way. So long as they're safe and legal, we should be praising them. Long guns should be common place instead of treated like some scandalous prohibited item.

BTW, I've never been kicked out of a Cracker Barrel for OCing.
    HH I am glad you brought that up because I was going to. I was there for the lunch at Tilted Kilt. It didn't matter what we were wearing, a large group of people from another website got together after the Rally Downtown to have lunch, we planned ahead and one of our group CALLED TK a day or so before hand to let them know what was going on. They knew we were coming in and they were just fine with it.

we had men and women there. Some in jeans, some in dress slacks.. a wide variety of people.

So EVGunner... just because someone is carrying a long gun does not mean they are looking for trouble. For our group it was bring the long guns or go home because not a one of us wanted to leave it in the vehicle in downtown Indy while we ate. We planned ahead and were welcomed with open arms.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    HH I am glad you brought that up because I was going to. I was there for the lunch at Tilted Kilt. It didn't matter what we were wearing, a large group of people from another website got together after the Rally Downtown to have lunch, we planned ahead and one of our group CALLED TK a day or so before hand to let them know what was going on. They knew we were coming in and they were just fine with it.

we had men and women there. Some in jeans, some in dress slacks.. a wide variety of people.

So EVGunner... just because someone is carrying a long gun does not mean they are looking for trouble. For our group it was bring the long guns or go home because not a one of us wanted to leave it in the vehicle in downtown Indy while we ate. We planned ahead and were welcomed with open arms.

Sounds like the logical way to do it, give them a head's up you are coming. Having 75 people walk in out of the blue, all armed and half of them with rifles slung on their back is going to take most non gun people a little off guard. :twocents:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Recent events have shown that Cracker Barrel does not support your 2A Rights. I for one will never visit one of their stores again. Recently a group of about 60 people were asked to leave a Mechanicsburg, PA Store after they went to CB to eat after attending a pro-2A rally in Harrisburg, PA.

See this thread
    Cracker Barrel Bans Gun Owners That is unless you leave your guns in the car.

I personally talked to their Staff Legal Counsel who confirmed that they have a policy that NO ONE other than on-duty Law Enforcement can carry a firearm, concealed or open, in their stores.

I am thinking of a OC Rally at a local CB is in order in the near future. Maybe a nationwide coordinated event should take place.
    I'm not sure why the outrage. Many gun shops treat their customers the same way and few people bat an eye.

Perhaps an OC event is in order? Then we can go have lunch at Cracker Barrel. Make it a double header.

jfryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    SBN
    Found this from a post on opencarry from 2011:

"I received a copy of a Cracker Barrel internal policy memo from a source who will remain anonymous. The nutshell is that if a store manager wishes to he can enforce a company policy against open carry, asking the open carrier to return his gun to his vehicle, while saying (according to the memo), "We're making this request in order to accommodate our guests and employees who may be uncomfortable in the present of a fire arm (sic)."

It appears (as some have pointed out) that it's solely up to the manager of each particular store as to whether or not they want to enforce it.

HH I am glad you brought that up because I was going to. I was there for the lunch at Tilted Kilt. It didn't matter what we were wearing, a large group of people from another website got together after the Rally Downtown to have lunch, we planned ahead and one of our group CALLED TK a day or so before hand to let them know what was going on. They knew we were coming in and they were just fine with it. .

IMO, this would have been the smarter thing to do, instead of showing up & surprising them..

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

I always wanted to go there....is it good? The food I mean, not just the boobs...

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Hold on. The First Amendment also protects pre-existing Natural rights and makes them Constitutional rights as well, correct? So you should be able to go to McDonald's dining room and loudly praise Burger King's products to any who wish to listen and McDonald's can do nothing about it, because you're exercising your First Amendment rights. Go try that, see how far it gets you. (Hint: You have the rights to exercise, but they have the property rights to say that you cannot exercise them *there*.... and you then have the right to choose which businesses you patronize or do not patronize.)

Absolutely, great idea. Make sure you inform CB corporate office of why their business has lost you as a customer. I recommend doing so politely and civilly, but how you write your letter or how you present yourself verbally is your business. Please do keep in mind, though, that if you present yourself as a rectal orifice, that's the image they're going to have of all of us, right or wrong. (ETA: The last of that is not directed at rsklar personally. No insult was intended.)

No order needed. I made the file available in this thread:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/160720-no_gun_no_cards.html

Feel free to print as many as you like.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Thank you very much, I will use this card.

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    I find it ironic that CB's corporate policy is anti-firearm, yet part of the store's "country decor" is to have a replica of a long rifle mounted over the fireplace mantle. Mixed message here???

What is more interesting is that Tom Barr is a VP with Starbucks and is on their board of directors. Starbucks has always been Pro 2A

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    My wife and i have gone to the one in columbus a few times. Everything time we went i OC and never had anything said to me. This kinda catches me off guard, i love that place.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i have oc at the location off 38th street on west side indy a few times. no odd stares, did not seem to mind. i was charged rental space for my chair and rewarded with bacon. or was it charged for the bacon and was allowed to use a chair, nm, doesnt matter, i got bacon.

Molly Belle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    My husband has a western reenactment group and after a show we have gone there with several cowboys all with their western holsters oc-ing. No one said anything about the guns.

Also, I ate there with my family the other day. I know one of my cousins was carrying concealed, and my brother probably was too. But they were concealed, so no one was the wiser. :)

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Odd, I have ben in the Terre Haute CB open carrying and never had trouble.

I tend to carry concealed 99% of the time but that day I was coming back from the range.
    No one said a word to me, they seated me and I ate and paid and left and I sure don't look like a LEO. :)

INGunOwners - View Profile: warthog

I wasn't carrying THAT gun though... it was a .357 mag SP-101 on my hip.

Top Bottom