• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    can't we all just......SHUT UP,SHUT UP, SHUT THE HECK UP!!!!! Stop all the racial this, and racial that, it's a freaking cord, damn man, grow a pair....( this is not aimed at OP, just the idiot from Connecticut..not that he would ever read this, here) There I feel better.....rant concluded...

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    can't we all just......SHUT UP,SHUT UP, SHUT THE HECK UP!!!!! Stop all the racial this, and racial that, it's a freaking cord, damn man, grow a pair....( this is not aimed at OP, just the idiot from Connecticut..not that he would ever read this, here) There I feel better.....rant concluded...

It's not racial at all. It's a struggle session.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Struggle_session

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    So CB decided to kowtow to a moron, instead of rightly telling the loser to **** off? Sounds like they don't want or deserve any of my money.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Cb used to have a plate that was 6 sides and for a great price. I haven't been real impressed since they did away with it.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If you look on their FB page around 11/6 they were promoting musicians and HBCU's, the 'noose' thing happened after so that wasn't even post-incident pandering. Sometimes a tied up cord is just a tied up cord. We were starting to make inroads in beating some of this nonsense back under Trump but now we'll be right back where we started.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I get offended just seeing the "Cracker Barrel" sign.

Screw you guys. You're not getting me into a barrel.

[but I have to admit, never was there a more appropriately named restaurant...Red Lobster, on the other hand.....not so much with the red.]

Best analogy I've heard, extremely amusing and at the same time very true.. Bottom line is they have proven they are desperately searching for a reason to be offended and also demonstrated that if you give an inch they will take a mile.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Best analogy I've heard, extremely amusing and at the same time very true.. Bottom line is they have proven they are desperately searching for a reason to be offended and also demonstrated that if you give an inch they will take a mile.

...or maybe just take down a piece of tchotchke.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Most national or regional retailers of products including but not limited to food have turned the customer service model on its head. They treat most of us (with a big boost to this nonsense blamed on COVID) like junior partners in the exchange that they can do without if the trading relationship isn't purely on their terms yet kiss the rear ends of offense-seeking buffoons like this.

My solution: Buy local and eat at home as much as possible. Let them learn the hard way (right along with Fox news) that trying to live on virtue signalling isn't very filling.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    This is is another example of why so many like Trump, he calls a spade a spade..

Come on man, no one wants the "noose" up. It is not a "noose". It is a powercord. Folks are tired of our companies bending over backwards for butthurt that is in the imagination of the beholder.

This is is another example of why so many like Trump, he calls a spade a spade...

Slight threadjack here:

Years ago in the Parts Dept. , at the Dealer that I worked at, a Black Customer was at the front counter trying to explain to the Parts Man what kind of electrical connecter that He needed to hook up a switch...The Parts Man said "Oh what you need is a "Spade Connector"..."

The Customer got all all Butt Hurt, went up front to complain.
    The Parts counter Man was fired at the end of the day...???

There ARE groups of people that can get away with having a VERY fragile skin...Bill.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Huh? Where's the hate crime? Where's the rights issue?

1. It seems to me that this self-serving "journalist" found is golden ticket on the ceiling of a Cracker Barrel. He then uses it for a 15 minute claim to fame.
    2. Cracker Barrel does some damage control (with a healthy dose of internal eye rolling), and removes one pointless piece of junk from the ceiling of one store.
    3. Almost every sane person knows the guy's an idiot, and Cracker Barrel is doing the business equivalent of "Bless yer heart", because they're in the business of foisting grits onto America, not Twitter controversies (that's Wendy's turf).
    4. The right decides that is not enough. "How dare they not stand up and potentially ruin sales and openly tell this dofus to pound sand!"
    5. Now we've got people trying to form a boycott on Cracker Barrel because they did the pragmatic thing.

For CB, I guess it's damned if you don't, damned if you do.
    For the idiot, he's getting his wish -fame, and Cracker Barrel is feeling some heat. Seeing that he's from Connecticut, I suspect it's because he hates grits.

How about not playing into Alfonso Robinson's hands and simply ignoring the whole issue?

He made a baseless attack on Cracker Barrel, so you're going to punish Cracker Barrel? Yeah that make sense. :rolleyes:

If you can't go out to eat without some retarded bs politics, then learn to cook at home. (I say that mostly to Mr. Robinson)

I'd rather Cracker Barrel just stand up to nonsense. Someone has to. We can't keep doing this just because something resembles a noose. And it's not like the noose belongs to exclusively to one identity group. It's just a ****ing electrical cord. No harm nor foul was committed. It should be socially acceptable to tell people that not everything that finds itself in the shape of a noose is a racist symbol and that people should just calm down.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I get offended just seeing the "Cracker Barrel" sign.

Screw you guys. You're not getting me into a barrel.

[but I have to admit, never was there a more appropriately named restaurant...Red Lobster, on the other hand.....not so much with the red.]

It's an apt metaphor. The restaurant is the barrel.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Slight threadjack here:

Years ago in the Parts Dept. , at the Dealer that I worked at, a Black Customer was at the front counter trying to explain to the Parts Man what kind of electrical connecter that He needed to hook up a switch...The Parts Man said "Oh what you need is a "Spade Connector"..."

The Customer got all all Butt Hurt, went up front to complain.
    The Parts counter Man was fired at the end of the day...???

There ARE groups of people that can get away with having a VERY fragile skin...Bill.

I guess I'm not hip to slurs - no idea why that's offensive.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Hey, look on the bright side. If the enemies of our country have to reach that far to find an offense then we're doing better than the rest of the world.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm just getting tired of anything/everything being labeled racial.

People want to be all up into others backside crack.
    Having to interject race into everything around us.

What's next, someone getting all butthurt because paper is white with black print, and now the entire white page should be printed black so there is white lettering?
    Taco Bell changing it's name and no longer selling Taco's because it might offend Mexicans?
    The Chicago Bears changing their name to the White/Brown/Black Bears because people complained their Black Bear logo is racial and now must "represent" Black, Brown and Polar Bears?

When are people going to wake up and realize just how crazy and stupid this world has gotten.

Makes me appreciate the long standing joke on the Bob and Tom Show of Tom Griswald saying "Bailiff gun please" to stop the stupidity.

Top Bottom