• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beevans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Speedway
    Haven't been to the one downtown, but I went to a show at the Broad Ripple location a few weeks ago, so I would think they have the same policy. No security other than taking tickets. I CC'ed with no problems.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Last time I went, year ago, no security at the door except for the ticket taker. However, with the recent events downtown things may have changed.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I have not been to Crackers for a LONG time, but last time I was there, it was just as much a bar as anything else. You may want to reread Indiana law on carrying into a bar or tavern. It's prohibited to carry into bars from what I understand. I know there are exemptions for restaurant/bar situations, but I'm not sure if Crackers serves food.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I have not been to Crackers for a LONG time, but last time I was there, it was just as much a bar as anything else. You may want to reread Indiana law on carrying into a bar or tavern. It's prohibited to carry into bars from what I understand. I know there are exemptions for restaurant/bar situations, but I'm not sure if Crackers serves food.

:n00b: I don't think that is entirely true...

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    It's entirely not true. Indiana has no prohibitions on carrying into bars or on consuming alcohol while carrying.

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    I'm gonna give you some good advice- if you just HAVE to go downtown:
    take some heat...BIG heat.
    You're gonna be getting out after dark and late at nite. I don't care what Mayor Greg Ballard says-Indianapolis after dark isn't safe.
    BIG HEAT- .45 ACP, plenty of mags...this is NOT 8shot .380 territory.
    Gangs of bottom feeders...take plenty of ammo. Something in a caliber that starts with a "4" and ends in a "5"...

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm gonna give you some good advice- if you just HAVE to go downtown:
    take some heat...BIG heat.
    You're gonna be getting out after dark and late at nite. I don't care what Mayor Greg Ballard says-Indianapolis after dark isn't safe.
    BIG HEAT- .45 ACP, plenty of mags...this is NOT 8shot .380 territory.
    Gangs of bottom feeders...take plenty of ammo. Something in a caliber that starts with a "4" and ends in a "5"...

Amen! I would not go without my 40 cal. Nicely put.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    No issue carrying there. The wife and I went there a couple weeks ago she had her Kel-Tec on her and I had my G19 no problems. A word of advise dont reserve a seat online. I did and we sat right in front of the comics about 3 feet from them. They made fun of me and the wife but it was all in good fun and didnt bother me a bit we had a great time.

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Here's how to have some fun and at the same time be prepared.
    Go to CVS and buy one of those 10$ arm slings...When you walk around in dt Indy put your shootin' arm in the sling, with your hand inside your jacket(brrrr it IS cold out). Then when some semihumantard sees you and thinks, " well here's an eazy lick"...I mean imagine the surprise when he sees your bad paw is holding your favorite .45.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    any know issues? planning on going this weekend, want to get tickets in advance but don't want to if there might be a problem at door..
    CC.

Downtown, at night, on a weekend? Keep in mind that their front door is mere FEET from the latest shooting, even though there are literally dozens of uniformed officers standing around.

You will want to keep your hand on your handgun grip. Don't make eye contact with any of the fine upstanding urban youth. And when a group of five or six of them come at you to try to force you off the sidewalk, you should get out of the way, or you will be "disrespecting them."

Carry your full-size. This is not someplace you want to have only a pocket pistol.

Keep your spare mags handy. This is not an area and time where it will be just you and one hostile. There are dozens and dozens of hostiles, just looking for trouble. You will also be about a block from the entrance to Circle Center Mall, where there are shootings and stabbings regularly.

I work a couple of blocks from there, and have to walk by both Circle Center Mall AND this stretch along S. Meridian to get to where I park. I get real tired of having to walk around the blood stains on the sidewalk.

Good luck. Give us an AAR.

(it's a good thing that our city is getting safer!! Isn't that right Ballard???)

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Downtown is perfectly safe. You're more likely to get jacked driving TO downtown than anywhere IN downtown. All these shootings are not happening to or by random social goers. They are thugs that are spending the night downtown instead of their own neighborhoods.

I've lived downtown for the last 3 years and have never, even remotely, been in a situation that has required any level of self-defense.

Do whatever you do in on a daily basis for protection, you'll be more than safe. Downtown, regardless of what you hear in the news, is NOT the wild wild west... except during Black Expo.

Last edited:

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Well, I hope we can disagree without being disagreeable, but from my personal experience downtown Indianapolis,Washington Sq.,Lafayette Sq.,
    Little Mexico over on W. Washington, Hawville...Heck...I WAS wrong about downtown not being safe... Marion Co. ain't safe!
    BTW- several years ago I quit going to Indy, really I just quit. Maybe 2 forced trips a year. Just not worth it.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Here's how to have some fun and at the same time be prepared.
    Go to CVS and buy one of those 10$ arm slings...When you walk around in dt Indy put your shootin' arm in the sling, with your hand inside your jacket(brrrr it IS cold out). Then when some semihumantard sees you and thinks, " well here's an eazy lick"...I mean imagine the surprise when he sees your bad paw is holding your favorite .45.

This is not good advice...

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, I hope we can disagree without being disagreeable, but from my personal experience downtown Indianapolis,Washington Sq.,Lafayette Sq.,
    Little Mexico over on W. Washington, Hawville...Heck...I WAS wrong about downtown not being safe... Marion Co. ain't safe!
    BTW- several years ago I quit going to Indy, really I just quit. Maybe 2 forced trips a year. Just not worth it.

You're absolutely right about the rest of those... But, apparently I've just been very lucky over the last 1,000+ days not to have been attacked or even threatened. Especially considering I work overnights and walk to my vehicle late at night. Plus, when I'm not @ home or out and about downtown, I often work outside in the area between 11pm and 10am.

Top Bottom