• ...and so much more!
  • indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    cc and you will be fine

Got curious about your sig line and wondered "what if I copy and paste that into Google?"

Genius.

Repped.

sigline.jpg

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Geez, I was raised here in Indy, I currently raise my family here, and work here. We love going downtown and do so quite often on the weekends to eat and shop. In my 37yrs in this city, I have never once had a problem greater than a bum asking me for money. Scaredy cats.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    You're absolutely right about the rest of those... But, apparently I've just been very lucky over the last 1,000+ days not to have been attacked or even threatened. Especially considering I work overnights and walk to my vehicle late at night. Plus, when I'm not @ home or out and about downtown, I often work outside in the area between 11pm and 10am.

I'd say you HAVE been VERY lucky. I work right by Circle Center Mall, and have to walk by there AND the bars on S. Meridian to get to/from my car. I've worked there for 3 years. After my 1st year experiencing Black Expo, I now refuse to work that week and go out of town on vacation instead. During 3 of the shootings, I've walked by the scene within 30 minutes before or after the event. A half-hour either way, and I'd have been in the middle of it. 2 different shootings I heard from the loading dock where I smoke at work. I've been the victim of an attempted mugging/robbery twice.

If I didn't work down there, there is simply no way I would ever go downtown.

And I'm looking for a different job, and one of my primary requirements is that it is NOT downtown.

Malard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Took my fiancé there for her bday last November, I carried outside the waist band with a long button up shirt over it no problems at all and inside the club is dark as well unless your the first two rows.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Geez, I was raised here in Indy, I currently raise my family here, and work here. We love going downtown and do so quite often on the weekends to eat and shop. In my 37yrs in this city, I have never once had a problem greater than a bum asking me for money. Scaredy cats.
    Yes...but you've been using that nifty arm-in-the-sling trick for 37 years...haven't you? ;)

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    LOL. Don't go downtown unless you have a .45 with an s-ton of extra mags? Not .380 territory?

I live on the east side now, but have lived downtown as well. Never had an issue, but that might be due to the fact that I am a stocky (fat?) 6' tall dude who often only dresses "business casual" for weddings and interviews.

There are predators everywhere, and especially in urban areas. But really....I am sure that a Bersa Thunder will either convince a threat to back down as well as a 1911, or will literally put the same number of holes in said threat. If approached by a threat that truly requires superior firepower...most likely you have been ambushed while attempting to buy drugs or stolen property and your justifiable homicide case will hit a snag anyway

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pretty hard to argue against thompal's experience relayed in post#23.
    Saw on the news this morning (last nite) they were bashing in a guy's skull with a bowling ball at Jillians?
    Newsshooter! Where were you and your camera?
    You coulda maybe made that into a poster for the superbowlingballheadbashing.

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Pretty hard to argue against thompal's experience relayed in post#23.
    Saw on the news this morning (last nite) they were bashing in a guy's skull with a bowling ball at Jillians?
    Newsshooter! Where were you and your camera?
    You coulda maybe made that into a poster for the superbowlingballheadbashing.

I was @ E New York St & Pine where some of those who were at Jillians during the fight got into a DD accident. This fight happened during a private party held for a recently murdered Gangbanger... go figure.

Again, like I've already said in this thread... these are thugs who take the night off from doing these shenanigans in their own neighborhoods and take it into downtown. Like I said earlier, aside from Black Expo, downtown is perfectly safe. Unless you put yourself into a dangerous situation, they usually don't find you.

Top Bottom