• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Greenfield
    Here is a helpful link to an article about which companies own certain popular brands.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gear/amp28359/megabrands-tools-graphic/

b96dd9d762164f18cf43e81109a06b4e.jpg

71eab77599119c7c58386e179ab36b9b.jpg

I think I read somewhere that some of the craftsman tools will be made in the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Funny how things change. I remember, when I was a kid, when our town got its first K-Mart, it was a pretty big deal. Then, I remember back in the days when strolling the mall was a thing, I'd spend time in the tool section of Sears, drooling over tools that I knew I'd want to add to my collection eventually, while my wife was browsing whatever she liked to do.

Agreed, I remember similar. Sadly they did not keep up with the competition, even a little bit.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I have a Craftsman table saw that was my Grandfather's, from the early 1950's. Has a broken rail for the gear drive rip fence. Should I take the model and serial numbers to Loews and ask for a replacement part? Part probably hasn't been made for decades but would be a way to kill some time and just screw with some poor employee. The saw still works just fine. Some part of me says just use the time to go shooting.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have a Craftsman table saw that was my Grandfather's, from the early 1950's. Has a broken rail for the gear drive rip fence. Should I take the model and serial numbers to Loews and ask for a replacement part? Part probably hasn't been made for decades but would be a way to kill some time and just screw with some poor employee. The saw still works just fine. Some part of me says just use the time to go shooting.

First, does their lifetime warranty cover it?
    I thought it only covered hand tools. And even then, things like drill bits are not covered.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Given the history of Sears...with the catalog that sold you everything...that they ceded the electronic ground to Amazon is a massive failure of vision and leadership.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I am in the market, loosely, for a large rolling tool chest. I opened drawer of Craftsman at Lowes this weekend and wasn't really surprised...but the metal was very thin. I have looked at Harbor Freight and Menards(MasterForce?)...and both of them are much thicker steel than the Craftsman. I believe Craftsman has US made on its side...but have gone wtih cheaper steel to hit the price point.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I am in the market, loosely, for a large rolling tool chest. I opened drawer of Craftsman at Lowes this weekend and wasn't really surprised...but the metal was very thin. I have looked at Harbor Freight and Menards(MasterForce?)...and both of them are much thicker steel than the Craftsman. I believe Craftsman has US made on its side...but have gone wtih cheaper steel to hit the price point.

Kennedy has an Outlet store that operates on Saturday. My son bought me a Box for my Metric Tools. These are Seconds, but I couldn't find anything amiss with it. Very Good Prices!
    Kennedy Manufacturing - TOOL BOXES / CHESTS & CABINETS / SHOP STORAGE / CNC

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I missed that! I could have used some more pepper plants....think that sneaky rabbit has been clipping mine. Noticed yesterday they had been topped :(

Something has been eating about half of each leaf on my peas. Pretty much wiped out my crop this year. put up chicken wire around the entire garden and still getting nibbled. So whatever it is has to be smaller than a bunny. And I havent seen any chipmunks either, so not sure what it is.

Top Bottom