• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Hypothetical question. You are selling something for 500. Somone is haggling on price and has not commited to the 500, but schedules a time to come and see the item. Before that time arrives someone else says that they will take it for the full asking price.

Do you sell it to number 2?
    Wait for number 1 to see it and sell it to them if they will pay full price?
    Realize you probably listed the item for to cheap and try and pit the two against each other to get more money?

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    Depends on how far out #1 is from his scheduled time. If it is a week out, sell it and apologize to #1. If it is in the next day or two, tell #2 that you have an interested party that contacted you first and that you will follow up with him if a deal isn't made. When meeting with #1, tell him you have another buyer willing to pay the asking price and that you will not go lower.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Personally when I sell something on craiglist I always make it clear that the first one to show up with cash gets it. If the schedule is set a couple days away because of me not being able to meet sooner I would give buyer one the first rights but I wouldn't sell for less than the asking price if another buyer is lined up to pay full price. If buyer one cannot make it for a few days because of their schedule, I would have made it clear that I would not hold it and if someone else came to get it sooner it would be sold.

I wouldn't try to pit the two against each other. If you listed it for a fair price and one you felt comfortable with then sell it and be happy.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm always clear about this upfront. Money talks and unless you've given me a firm "I'll take it" with an agreed upon price and scheduled a pickup, I reserve the right to sell to anyone who will.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I just had this situation selling a car, haggler lost out.

I'm big on haggling, but you must accept that if someone else shows up with the cash you're out of luck. Don't haggle unless you're willing to wait for the next deal.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    there is still honor amongst a lot of us craigslisters....

The meeting with number one was scheduled for tonight.

This is for a wood stove that is worth more than the ask, and comes with pipe and stack. No triple wall or ceiling box though. Probably a rain cap. Its been inside, has a blower, and is a very nice unit overall so worth every penny and then some.

I was buyer number 2. and have been looking for something like this for a few weeks and most in this price range are rust buckets that have not been hooked up for years.

I skipped that hassle, and came up 100 dollars over ask to get the seller to skip number one all together. Now I need help loading it this weekend.... its in Muncie.... Ill make another thread.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    If its anything like the one I took out of my house about 8 years ago I would suggest going to Menards and getting a wheel cart to put it on. I took mine out and put it on one to push it around, the guy that came and ended up buying it decided he would buy the cart and take it with him. We rolled it up into his truck using 2x4 and plywood as a ramp and he strapped the stove down sitting on the dolly.

Something like this one.
    http://www.menards.com/main/tools-h...431590628-c-12175.htm?tid=-638321308638381072

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    there is still honor amongst a lot of us craigslisters....

The meeting with number one was scheduled for tonight.

This is for a wood stove that is worth more than the ask, and comes with pipe and stack. No triple wall or ceiling box though. Probably a rain cap. Its been inside, has a blower, and is a very nice unit overall so worth every penny and then some.

I was buyer number 2. and have been looking for something like this for a few weeks and most in this price range are rust buckets that have not been hooked up for years.

I skipped that hassle, and came up 100 dollars over ask to get the seller to skip number one all together. Now I need help loading it this weekend.... its in Muncie.... Ill make another thread.

I'll take it.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I plan on using a two wheel dolly to get it out and down the three steps.... Ill bring some wood if I have to block it up to keep the lets off the ground... As far as getting it into the truck? I am thinking about a couple of longer boards and just pivot it up and slide it in.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I plan on using a two wheel dolly to get it out and down the three steps.... Ill bring some wood if I have to block it up to keep the lets off the ground... As far as getting it into the truck? I am thinking about a couple of longer boards and just pivot it up and slide it in.

I don't know for sure, but the one I took out felt like it was 500 lbs or more. If its elevated I wouldn't take it down the steps if possible. I left mine on our covered back deck and the guy backup up close to the deck and we made the ramp from there.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    I once listed an old computer on Craigslist for FREE! The first caller strung me along for 48 hours about coming to pick it up. I finally gave the thing to another caller, and the first guy threatened physical violence.

I invited him to come and see me, I had plenty of other stuff to give him.

Top Bottom