• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Just an observation, nearly everything I've shot over 50 years dropped in its tracks. Which is good because I have poor tracking skills.:)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is one thing I have tried to imprint on my brain. not being psychologically stopped in a fight could mean the difference between survival and death. Take for example the perp in this story.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNFtwyrDdgXCczJDhRpZVJxYn61EoQ

In this free-for-all, the assailant had, in fact, been struck 14 times. Any one of six of these wounds — in the heart, right lung, left lung, liver, diaphragm, and right kidney — could have produced fatal consequences…“in time,” Gramins emphasizes.

When the suspect bent down to peer under the car, Gramins carefully established a sight picture, and squeezed off three controlled bursts in rapid succession.

Each round slammed into the suspect’s head — one through each side of his mouth and one through the top of his skull into his brain. At long last the would-be cop killer crumpled to the pavement.

Remarkably, the gunman was still showing vital signs when EMS arrived. Sheer determination, it seemed, kept him going, for no evidence of drugs or alcohol was found in his system.

He was transported to a trauma center where Gramins also was taken. They shared an ER bay with only a curtain between them as medical personnel fought unsuccessfully to save the robber’s life.

All I can say is 'Holy cr*p'. Seeing that guy not go down might be a psychological stopper indeed. In a further note about being in the fight from the beginning, in a 'street fighting ' course I took decades ago, the instructor said something that stuck with me. He said 'Most people don't expect you to hit them while they're still talking to you' and in my experience - once on the receiving end and twice delivering - he was correct. The take-away for me was if you decide its on, there is no point in waiting.

Top Bottom