Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Get your head examined, if that comes back normal get a 2nd opinion
    I kidd I kidd.

I went with the cheap route
    Red box
    Cuddling on my bed
    Pizza (i got it half off, I worked for the company)
    32 doller internet order ring

She said yes and we have Ben together for 3 years and she is getting a new ring this year

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Yeah, it's kind of funny. I was sitting in the can last post, (she wa asleep) and I pulled the ring out of the hiding spot. I started looking for string or something to tie to the dog. I placed the ring and my phone on the bathroom sink. And like every sitcom the ring found its way into the drain.

Since it was new plumbing it wasn't dirty or anything and I fished it out with a coat hanger. She was still asleep, so score, I let the dog out and fastened the ring to it with a boot lace. And let the puppy loose inside. She still wasn't awake yet!

About a half hour and a shower and making all kinds of noise she finally woke up, and paid NO ATTENTION to the dog.

We're sitting for a while and she sees it and says "hey what's that?"
    I ask her.
    She says yes.
    Life is nice.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I think I'm gonna cry! Just kidding. But remember to share the bacon. It brings you closer together

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Just didn't want to jinx the OP with my negative vibes. I have a basement too but our 27 yr old son is sleeping there currently.

Good luck to you.

Ahh ok wise choice

In unrelated news I'm gonna leave this here, do what you will with it

U.S. Military FAQ -- What is the maximum age to enlist in the Military?

To the op I wish you Meny Meny years of happiness
    The thing to remember is that your life together won't always be easy. But it will be worth it.

And best advice I can offer is give the two of you time to miss eachother. Meaning you don't have to spend every day together, my girl was gone last weekend for 4 days. When she got back it was love at first sight all over again

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Awesome.. congrats... say good bye to ever having any money ever again :D

My wife wants us to have a joint bank account and not give me any of MY own money... bah.

LOL.

No seriously though, congratulations (or, as you're supposed to say to the guy, Good Luck!).

twisyblackmetal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    Congrats. As my dad always said, "no man is complete till he is married......then he's finished."
    but seriously, all the happiness you two can stand

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Start a conversation about some friends having a summer or winter wedding...Ask her which she prefers.... Then when she answers, take out the ring. Those classic four words seem to have worked for lots of folks for lots of years....

I can vouch for that one! And I also recommend doing what he did, which was dropping to one knee and taking my hand while asking me if I'd consent to be his beloved wife for the rest of my life.

I couldn't say "YES" fast enough, but I could only do so after I regained my composure, stopped crying, hugging and kissing him, and returned to my more human self, rather than a blob of melted butter, emotions and ever lasting love!

Our marriage has worked for us for over 17 years, and we've been together going into our 20th as of last Saturday night! I hope and pray that you can find and hold the love like we share, it's worth more than life itself!

He had an opportunity that most men don't, he'd been in the courtroom earlier that day, where we'd gone to finalize my divorce from my ex. He did get some strange looks from my attorney, my ex's attorney, and even from the Judge, but the simple fact that he was there for me, when I needed him the most, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that if he'd have me, I'd devote the rest of my life to making him as happy as I possibly could!

From that moment he referred to me as his "betrothed", and now calls me his beloved. Who says fairy tales don't come true! I'd finally found my "knight in shining cowboy boots and hat". :) And I've cherished him ever since!

7th Stepper

Top Bottom