• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yes I have hunted in Crawford county. The deer population has grown since I hunted there a few years ago. Crawford is very heavily forested and not densely populated. I was just out there today for a ride on the scooters with my wife. We went to Schooner's point.

I expect you should do well there.

Good luck and have fun,

Terry

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I have hunted Crawford for 40 years.there are some decent places to hunt.There was a place I use to hunt that had extra nice bucks.They had a wide rack gene.The widest one I had seen taken off that farm was 28 inch inside spread,saw several through the years with 20 inch spreads.Unfortunately someone burned down the guys barn and he wont let anyone hunt anymore. Its a shame too,he owned 5000 acres.
    Some areas,well the one we hunt,the numbers are down,Ehd went through a couple years ago,still some nice deer,just makes for a long day when you just see 2 or 3 deer in a days time.If you dont mind me asking,which part of Crawford are you gonna be hunting? Send me an I.M and I'll show you a video of the bucks we saw last year,they planted corn this year so,I havent gotten a chance to see what made it through the winter last year. It'll give you an idea what to expect. Good luck to ya.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I have hunted Crawford for 40 years.there are some decent places to hunt.There was a place I use to hunt that had extra nice bucks.They had a wide rack gene.The widest one I had seen taken off that farm was 28 inch inside spread,saw several through the years with 20 inch spreads.Unfortunately someone burned down the guys barn and he wont let anyone hunt anymore. Its a shame too,he owned 5000 acres.
    Some areas,well the one we hunt,the numbers are down,Ehd went through a couple years ago,still some nice deer,just makes for a long day when you just see 2 or 3 deer in a days time.If you dont mind me asking,which part of Crawford are you gonna be hunting? Send me an I.M and I'll show you a video of the bucks we saw last year,they planted corn this year so,I havent gotten a chance to see what made it through the winter last year. It'll give you an idea what to expect. Good luck to ya.

PM Sent

dhayse32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Some guys that I work with hunt down there and they have had great success. It is pretty remote country down there, should hold some great bucks

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Crawford has a good herd, lots of does. I filmed 22 bucks last season in first 5 days of season (gun season). On the sixth day I shot 3 does to put in freezer. I would say you did good leasing down here:yesway:
    Where at in crawford county if you don't mind me asking.

Micromanager

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I grew up in Crawford County right on the edgo of Patoka Lake. My mom and dad still have the family farm (use that term loosely) of 100 acres. My dad will be 80 this year and my mom is 78. They still hunt every year and have a competition on who gets how many. There has never been a year where they have not gotten at least one deer and ususally it imore. I was just down there last weekend and drank my coffee on their porch and watched a large doe eatting apples in their orchard. Absolutely beautiful. My mom said there was a buck still with the velvet on his antlers out this morning. Lots of luck to you. They only hunt shotgun season so if you do muzzleloader you should extend your chances!

Top Bottom