• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    bump! come on out for some of the most affordable instruction around! I don't believe you can get 2 days of it anywhere for 60 dollars besides appleseed. Even if you have already attended. come on back out for a refresher coarse.

Marksmanship is a perishable skill. It needs to be exercised regularly!

warthog

Shooter
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, I dug out my 10/22 and found it has no sling swivels so I went and got some that will take the sling I got from Appleseed. It also had a pretty basic sight on it. So I went ahead and ordered the Tech Sights for it. They will be in and on as well as the sling by the time of the meet. I have four extra magazines too. Do I need anything else?

Am I the only one coming? :)

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    Just purchased our tickets. We're both very excited. As I said before she will definitely need a loaner. Also, will having the tickets on my phone be enough or do I need to have them physically printed?

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    No sir there should be more there. I have talked to at least 5 others who say they are coming. They are probably just going to walk on.

4 mags, sling, tech sights, and a teachable attitude should be all you truly need. A shooting mat or old piece of carpet to keep you off the ground wouldn't hurt though.

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Lots of people walk on instead of signing up and just pay cash. Crawfordsville usually has 2-3 walk ons. Hopefully we will have 10-15 shooters show up but this is the winter and a lot of folks will much prefer the warm house to the cold range :)

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I want a Winterseed patch. These mean you're a real man. Anyone can get a summertime patch. :)

Lol average shoots to get a rifleman patch is usually 2-3 shoots even in the summer. I don't know the state on the winter seed patch buys it's definitely not as common. However the patch is just a symbol for perseverance. I know a lot of true rifleman who still don't have a patch.

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    btt again. I know some of you really want to get out and test your gear. Don't just take the manufactures word on it working like it should! why not learn some invaluable skills at the same time?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I just hope it stays cold and wintery 'til then.

So who else is wanting to join us for this one?:popcorn:

warthog

Shooter
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I WANT A WINTERSEED PATCH! It going to be three feet of snow and sub zero wind chills, what does it take? If all I am getting is a regular patch then I will just wait for nicer weather to get the regular patch. Geeze louise. :rolleyes:

:)

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Oh my ... somebody got up on the wrong side of winter.

I trust you're only joking, but just in case ... please keep in mind that becoming a rifleman is sooooooo more than just earning a patch.

warthog

Shooter
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I thought the little smile would show I was joking but I forget who I am dealing with here.

I shall simply show up with my bad attitude and see how it goes. :):

I still want a Winterseed patch.

Been shooting rifles well for some time now. I am all for learning how to do it better but I've yet to see the best of all methods in the world for all people in all situations and I hardly need a patch to know I can handle a rifle.

Ease up.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It would be difficult to even fake a bad attitude at an Appleseed, we do love a challenge! ;)

warthog

Shooter
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Are you asking me to show up with a bad attitude?

All because I made a joke about wanting a Winterseed Patch?

Should get my refund and go with a PROteq Appleseed later in the season?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Are you asking me to show up with a bad attitude?

All because I made a joke about wanting a Winterseed Patch?

Should get my refund and go with a PROteq Appleseed later in the season?

I'm pretty sure he's making a joke about the joke you made in the previous post.

ATM is the king of making Appleseeds fun and very enjoyable. You'd be kicking yourself later if you missed this one.

warthog

Shooter
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Just making sure. I am sort of a humor person myself. I am still wishing I could have made the Chop In. Next year though I hope, when my new knee is here... and my new other knee and maybe my two new hips... did I mention they want to try and do my back again too? I am not sure about that one but I am sure I want the new right knee...

I will be there.

as for Winter, for as messed up as my body is and for as much trouble as removing snow gives me, I still love it. I could move to Florida with the rest of my family tomorrow but I suppose life feels wrong without a real winter to me.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Just making sure. I am sort of a humor person myself. I am still wishing I could have made the Chop In. Next year though I hope, when my new knee is here... and my new other knee and maybe my two new hips... did I mention they want to try and do my back again too? I am not sure about that one but I am sure I want the new right knee...

I will be there.

:thumbsup:

You'll have a grand ole time... and probably have a few catchy tunes in your head from the free entertainment

Top Bottom