• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    A police officer responding to a dog attack on the Northside shot and killed the pit bull when it rushed him.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officer Andrew McKalips said in a report that he responded to a dog bite call about 4 p.m. Tuesday and saw the dog running menacingly in the 3900 block of Graceland Avenue.

When the dog got to a fenced-in backyard, it ran toward McKalips, the report said. The officer pulled out his gun and ordered the dog to stop, which the pit bull ignored. When the dog was within five feet, McKalips shot it in the neck.

Animal Care and Control took away another dog that belonged to the same owner. The person who was bitten was not seriously injured.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    A police officer responding to a dog attack on the Northside shot and killed the pit bull when it rushed him.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officer Andrew McKalips said in a report that he responded to a dog bite call about 4 p.m. Tuesday and saw the dog running menacingly in the 3900 block of Graceland Avenue.

When the dog got to a fenced-in backyard, it ran toward McKalips, the report said. The officer pulled out his gun and ordered the dog to stop, which the pit bull ignored. When the dog was within five feet, McKalips shot it in the neck.

Animal Care and Control took away another dog that belonged to the same owner. The person who was bitten was not seriously injured.

Maybe the dog didn't speak english:rolleyes:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Too bad the dog paid for its owner's stupidity. I'm not for big government, but sometimes I think lousy pet owners should be barred from having pets.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ordered the dog to stop? :dunno:
    Is that standard procedure?

I've yelled at a few in similar situations with success. What you yell really doesn't matter, it's how you yell it. Stop is going to come naturally to LE because that's what we learn to say in scenario based training.

crawfish

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    south indy
    Another one bites the dust the pits haven't got a chance. I wish they could have done the same to owner the dog was trainned from someone and a loose pit is a soon to be dead pit. good job on the officer

Top Bottom