• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "This book is a product of its time and does not reflect the same values as it would if it were written today. Parents might wish to discuss with their children how views on race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, and interpersonal relations have changed since this book was written before allowing them to read this classic work."

Amazon.com: The Constitution of the United States of America, with the Bill of Rights and all of the Amendments; The Declaration of Independence; and the Articles of Confederation (9781604592689): Books

Just scroll down to page 2 in the preview.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    I hate everything PC. I am completely against all of it. The whole "please dont sue us" scaredy cat attitude is apalling. Anyone with this weak attitude needs to grow a pair.

I do order a lot of books from Amazon though. But still, it seems like EVERYONE is f'ing apologizing for EVERTHING these days. Is there anyone who isnt sorry? Geez!

Last edited:

trad78

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Griffith
    In 20 more years, the disclaimer will read "Don't take this seriously. It was made by men who actually stood for something and didn't want a government to tell you how you should act, and dress, and what music to listen to, and..."

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    "This book is a product of its time and does not reflect the same values as it would if it were written today. Parents might wish to discuss with their children how views on race, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, and interpersonal relations have changed since this book was written before allowing them to read this classic work."

Amazon.com: The Constitution of the United States of America, with the Bill of Rights and all of the Amendments; The Declaration of Independence; and the Articles of Confederation (9781604592689): Books

Just scroll down to page 2 in the preview.
    I wonder if they put the same disclaimer in the Bible, Quran, or the Talmud
    Maybe ALL books written before the assent of "The Chosen One" should be protected by such a warning.
    After all he is here to fundamentally change the World.
    Mike

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well that really ticked me off this morning. Of course most of that is the sentiment of our latest SCOTUS nominee from what I have read about her.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    In 20 more years, the disclaimer will read "Don't take this seriously. It was made by men who actually stood for something and didn't want a government to tell you how you should act, and dress, and what music to listen to, and..."

It might be a moot point in 20 years.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Maybe the publishers watched too much television and got the idea?

What was the show? 7th Heaven? where one of the boys read in an old encyclopedia in the library that "Negroes were of limited intelligence" and other demeaning things, he then wrote a report stating those "facts" and got in major trouble with the school. He also nearly got beaten up for what he wrote.

So maybe too much television?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I also like the copyright notices all over it. Apparently, they think they own the copyright to the texts of the DoI, AoC and Const.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    Pc can kiss my buttcheeks...both of them. That is appalling. The Constitution IS what it IS. Read it, learn it, abide by it. No disclaimer necessary or needed.

There should be a disclaimer: Caution, do not read unless you want to be appalled by the trampling of your rights by your current government officials, as well as those from the last 80-100 years.

Top Bottom