CraZy sTorIez FrOm THe ER: Who is "The Man" now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Once there was a patient who came in. GSW. Through and through.

This is downtown Indy, so that isn't all that exciting. What was amusing was that he was a "gangsta" type who decided that he didn't need a holster.
    Round in the chamber.
    No engaged safety.
    9mm.
    In the front of his pants.
    :rockwoot:

It went through the base of his junk, so meaningful sex is probably over for him at the age of 19.
    I really ought to submit him for an honorary Darwin award.

Am I a bad person for finding this hilarious? :dunno:

Who be the man now?
    Not YOU!!!! :laugh:

Don't judge me until you've worked in a downtown ER for nearly 4 years.....

EDIT: Seriously people, this happened a long time ago. I purposely left out names, dates, timeline, which hospital I was in at the time, nothing of the sort happened anytime near when I posted the story, and even the age is approximate. This sort of thing is more common than you would think.
    Quit PMing me with your amateur legal advice. We get yearly training on what we're allowed to post about our experiences on social media. I followed the directions to the letter. A reporter probably would have been more specific than this if it had made it on the nightly news. Get over it.

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    This thread is useless without the pics...

darwin_award.jpg

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I would delete your comments OP, I think you're breaking HIPPA. Just saying. Other than that, that is some funny stuff. 1 less breading.

No issue there. Just can't say who it was directly or indirectly. When they radioed ahead on IHERN they call in what's going on, but can't identify the patient.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    While you may not be breaking any confidentiality rules or laws per se, it's still pretty irresponsible to post this immediately after the incident. These types of stories are typically shared face to face, or on the internet "a few years ago we had this guy..."

-1" to you.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I would delete your comments OP, I think you're breaking HIPPA. Just saying. Other than that, that is some funny stuff. 1 less breading.

Actually it isn't.

No name. No hospital name. No time. (I waited a long time to post it) Nothing describing the patient. The age isn't even right, it's approximate. So no. Nothing they can nail me on. :)

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    While you may not be breaking any confidentiality rules or laws per se, it's still pretty irresponsible to post this immediately after the incident. These types of stories are typically shared face to face, or on the internet "a few years ago we had this guy..."

-1" to you.

Haha you're assuming this happened today.

It didn't.

I neglected to say WHEN it happened at all. So now you can't even get a time frame. Thus concealing patient ID even more.

+5" to me.

ASSUME = Making an #$! out of U and ME

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ahhhh ok. I thought that might be it. I was just confused cuz I described him as a gangsta type. Not my common image of an INGO member.
    Maybe I'm totally wrong. hahahaha

You never know what's lurking on the other side of that computer screen...:D

Top Bottom