• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Placed an order from midway and normally it's a 2 day ship. Not this time. Placed order on 12-9. Left Kansas city mo and today it's in Columbus oh. WTH? I have seen shipments bounce around some but to go down 70 just two miles from my house on it's way to a whole different state on it's way here, is crazy. And it says expected delivery is 12-15.

Christmas time I guess, but still crazy.

Nacho Man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Hamilton County
    ^If it was mail innovations, a recent package I ordered from Midway took 6 days to get delivered. My next order I used stadard ground for $5 more and it was at my house in 2 days. Its too bad they don't offer usps priority mail anymore, for $5.95 a small package from midway would be at my house in 2 days.

Last edited:

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    I guess it was. I don't even know what that is. Must be something new. Should be called "ups mail setbacks". Sure as hell isn't an "innovation".

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I guess it was. I don't even know what that is. Must be something new. Should be called "ups mail setbacks". Sure as hell isn't an "innovation".

It's not all that new, but in my experience UPS-MI doesn't get used often. Mail basically travels large distances with UPS (and on a space available basis.) Those two facts explain why on tracking your package may be going to ridiculous places...just because UPS had space on a truck heading there and their software tells them that it is the quickest route for the cheapest price for them. UPS then delivers the package to the local post office, who will then deliver it to your door. That transfer also usually adds some time to the shipment.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    I try to avoid the mail as much as I can. We get other people's mail all the time and some of our stuff never gets here. One time, the tracking said it was delivered. Would have been about a 12x12x12 box. Asked the post office about it and they said they would ask the mail man. He told her that he delivered it. Said "I dropped it in the box and heard it hit the bottom". The box would have been bigger then our mail box. Go figure.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, MI sucks, but UPS doesnt. I used to use CDW for business purchases and it was awesome. Except for this time of year, I could all but guarantee next day delivery from thier main warehouse in Chicago as long as I chose UPS Ground. Fedex ground averaged 75 cents cheaper, but took 2-3 days to make the same trip...

Then again the ***munches at Fedex have/had a rule that if you dont pay for overnight, it absolutely wont get there overnight. They dont care if you are shipping the package across the street. If you paid for ground they will literally sit on it for up to 2 days out of [STRIKE]spite[/STRIKE] policy because you didnt actually pay to get it there in one day and 3 days is minimum transit time for ground. I found out the hard way. I knew a package arrived at the depot and I knew exactly where it was and coincidentally I had to drive past it that day. When I went to retrieve it I was told "we know exactly where your package is. However the cage that it is locked up in contains all of the packages to be delivered two days from now, so I cant unlock it until the day of delivery.":xmad: (this was before air/ground split and started using different trucks and routes)

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Well, it has went from Kansas city, down 70 within 2 miles of the house to Columbus oh, then back down 70 to Indy. Then back down 70 again to Terre Haute, once again passing within 2 miles of the house. Lol

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, it has went from Kansas city, down 70 within 2 miles of the house to Columbus oh, then back down 70 to Indy. Then back down 70 again to Terre Haute, once again passing within 2 miles of the house. Lol

Reminds me of the time I left my cell enabled ipad at one of my Columbus field offices. I had them ship it back to me. On a whim later that night to check if they actually shipped it out, I fired up the "find my iphone" app. Yep. They did. I watched it roll down 70 in semi-real time. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    FedEx has also partnered with USPS now, but they call it "Smart Post" I think. Tracking info is all over the place. Sometimes a package will arrive well ahead of its "estimated delivery by" date, and other times it arrives later. Kind of makes tracking numbers pretty useless.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I've found that packages arrive faster this time of year due to the increased number of packages. Normally a package may sit at a dist. center for a day before there are enough packages going in the direction needed for your package. But with the increased number of packages it doesn't have to sit around for a day, there is a truck running that line every day...

For example, I recently had something ship from Chicago area, shipped on a Friday, expected delivery Tuesday (it wasn't special 2-day or anything, just normal ground). It actually made it to my local hub by Sunday and was delivered Monday; one business day shipping... sure, the UPS man was probably a temp (he showed up in a Budget rental truck) because my normal driver was over worked, but it meant faster delivery for me because my packages were able to jump on another truck that wouldn't normally have been running but due to increased package numbers an extra truck had been added (whether that truck is on the route or running bulk from dist. center to dist. center is irrelevant).

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I've found that packages arrive faster this time of year due to the increased number of packages. Normally a package may sit at a dist. center for a day before there are enough packages going in the direction needed for your package. But with the increased number of packages it doesn't have to sit around for a day, there is a truck running that line every day...

For example, I recently had something ship from Chicago area, shipped on a Friday, expected delivery Tuesday (it wasn't special 2-day or anything, just normal ground). It actually made it to my local hub by Sunday and was delivered Monday; one business day shipping... sure, the UPS man was probably a temp (he showed up in a Budget rental truck) because my normal driver was over worked, but it meant faster delivery for me because my packages were able to jump on another truck that wouldn't normally have been running but due to increased package numbers an extra truck had been added (whether that truck is on the route or running bulk from dist. center to dist. center is irrelevant).

Piggy backing on this, I'm currently having something transferred into USDS, tracking shows that it was delivered TODAY (Sunday). I decided to look into it, and as it turns out USPS has decided to do Sunday delivery during this holiday season in certain cities, including Christmas delivery.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Yep, you gotta watch what shipping method you're really choosing. Make sure it's "UPS" and not something else that has UPS in the name. If I order by 4PM I get it the next day UPS. The last time I screwed up and let it come "standard" it took 5-6 days and was finally delivered to the post office. Really sucked.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I ordered from Midway during the protests (see "Riots") over the demise of the poor, disadvantaged thief/bully/cop-basher in Ferguson. I sat up the night of the verdict and saw footage of an interstate being shut down and thought, "Crap. I hope it's not I70 from central Missouri." Luckily it was 40 or 44 and my package arrived on time the next day. (BTW, what did the poor youth plan to do with the cop's gun if he had gotten it?)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Piggy backing on this, I'm currently having something transferred into USDS, tracking shows that it was delivered TODAY (Sunday). I decided to look into it, and as it turns out USPS has decided to do Sunday delivery during this holiday season in certain cities, including Christmas delivery.
    I had a package delivered yesterday (Sunday) as well. It was sent FedEx Smartpost (FedEx for the first leg, then final delivery by USPS). I was a little surprised as well, but then I remembered that USPS does do some Sunday deliveries, at least at this time of the year.

Top Bottom