• ...and so much more!
  • rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Several gun-related businesses were suddenly — and without warning — disrupted in recent weeks when Intuit stopped processing credit card payments because sales were gun-related, The Post has learned.

The rest of the story.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/11/gun-businesses-scrambling-after-credit-service-halts-payments/

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    All in all, I feel there's much more to this story than the NYT is publishing--surprise, surprise. I'm honestly confused about this portion, which seems to contradict the rest of the article:

Intuit did not return several requests for comment prior to deadline. It later stated, “As an American company, we respect the US Constitution and all the rights contained in it…For these transactions our bank partner requires them to be done face-to-face…Our policy today requires the customer to be present to swipe their credit card.”

If that part is accurate, shouldn't the bank's actions affect pretty much every industry they participate in? And if so, why is the story JUST about effects on gun-related purchases? Or is Intuit's policy ONLY about gun-related purchases? :dunno:

Either I'm being my normal dense self here, or the NYT's article is horribly written. I'm thinking putting money on either bet could be a winner, but either way this article doesn't really clear things up for me.

Awan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2015
    Boone County
    This company also owns Turbotax. I will not be using Turbotax this tax year, or ever again, if this turns out to be true.

rkwhyte2

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    The one thing that gets me is the fact that they are reversing charges on product/services that have already been shipped/provided. The article is not well written but that is pretty much SOP for today's journalism graduates. I believe they are targeting the firearm industry in general. I hope they lose a lot of business over this. Time will tell.

rkwhyte2

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    "Intuit did not return several requests for comment prior to deadline. It later stated, “As an American company, we respect the US Constitution and all the rights contained in it…For these transactions our bank partner requires them to be done face-to-face…Our policy today requires the customer to be present to swipe their credit card.”

To me this is just CYA BS. So they don't do any business with any web sites?

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I heard about this a few weeks ago on one of the POD Casts I listen to. (AWR Hawkins or Tom Gresham) It effected GunSite and one of the instructors/business managers was interviewed. Apparently it is a directive of Citibank that Intuit processes the charges through.

Top Bottom