• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This all seems to be peripheral to the real issue:

What was discharged from the revolver? If it was a real cartridge, how did it get into the firearm?

To assess guilt, etc etc at this point appears to be the cart before the horse. Follow the evidence first.

I'll put my guess as a 250 grain lead bullet traveling about 900 fps at the muzzle. Short range it would have gone through the woman killed and still had power to injure the person behind her. 45 Colt is still just as deadly as it was over 100 years ago.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What about the guy who gave Baldwin the gun while yelling "cold gun!"?

In the case of a movie the actor is expected to be given a gun that cannot shoot live rounds.

I know that we've already mentioned how the shooter is responsible to know the status of the weapon (or prop) is given; but what if he used something, other than a gun, who cause injuries or death to other?

What if it's a movie where the actor has to throw a frag grenade during a scene ... and it turns out it's a real live grenade and somebody gets killed.

Would you blame the actor or the people who supplied that real grenade?

If there had been a few other safety violation near miss "grenade" detonations already in the production, then everyone still on set is responsible to make sure that didn't happen again, whatever it takes. Especially the actor/producer handling the device.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'll put my guess as a 250 grain lead bullet traveling about 900 fps at the muzzle. Short range it would have gone through the woman killed and still had power to injure the person behind her. 45 Colt is still just as deadly as it was over 100 years ago.
    OK. Assuming it was a 200 or 250gr bullet, how did the cartridge get into the gun?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    OK. Assuming it was a 200 or 250gr bullet, how did the cartridge get into the gun?

People out plinking with it off hours and forgetting they left live ammo in the gun. Like drill sgt. said, in a SA gun it's not that hard to miss.

Did he fire six shots or only five?;)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Alpo has taken some heat for his "theory" but I accept the theory could be true. I doubt it is, as basic negligence is likelier.
    Thanks. While certain of my "admirers" like to discredit or misinterpret what I've said, it was only a hypothesis. One of many. Without a real trail of evidence, we don't know....yet.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Alpo has taken some heat for his "theory" but I accept the theory could be true. I doubt it is, as basic negligence is likelier.

Alpo's theory works as well, a disgruntled person could have loaded the live ammo. When given the choice between stupid and malicious behavior, I'll lean towards stupid. Maybe that's just how I see people in general.:)

A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    I took an AD rabbit hunting with a friend as a 15/16 year old (backs of my legs).... Had enough layers of clothes on that it was just 30 or so blood blisters... I wouldn't say it mentally damaged me, but I only hunt and practice alone, and I'm 57 now.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I took an AD rabbit hunting with a friend as a 15/16 year old (backs of my legs).... Had enough layers of clothes on that it was just 30 or so blood blisters... I wouldn't say it mentally damaged me, but I only hunt and practice alone, and I'm 57 now.
    I'm glad you're ok from that.

That AD has negligence all over it. Peace.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    American
    This keeps coming up. Must be some truth to it.

Gun that went off in Alec Baldwin's hands and claimed the life of Halyna Hutchins was used for off-set target practice by crew members and live ammo and blanks were stored together, sources say​

• Multiple sources connected to the set of Rust said the pistol that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was used for target practice
    • The sources claimed some crew members took guns off set to practice with live ammo, which they believe found its way into Alec Baldwin's gun
    • Another source claims live ammo and blanks were stored in the same place
    • A Rust production source said the film's armorer, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, was 'green and inexperienced' as she prepped the prop gun for Baldwin

American source...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The law dogs can weigh in here, but I'm betting that the only person who can be "charged" is the guy with the gun in his hand. The civil liability may be spread around and some careers ruined, but nobody is going to do time for this poor woman's death. At worst I see a charge of criminal wrecklessness but more likely is no charges at all.
    Given the consequences Kate Steinle's killer faced, I am forced to agree

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Next question;

Is this the end of Alec Baldwin?

Assuming that Baldwin can find a way to get by the fact that he ended someone's life, will he have the ability to act again?

Will Hollywood work with Baldwin again, knowing his past behavior and possibly culminating with this negligent tragedy?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom