Criminal homicides in Indianapolis rose for the second year in a row.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    41% on the Eastside? Well, there's your answer Commissioner Gordan, er, Director Riggs.

Anyone else remember the Police Squad episode where they are at the map with dozens of pins in one concentrated location in the city?

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    How much of it is related to Chicago pumping up their interests in our areas? We have seen a couple years of increased violence in Fort Wayne also. The gang unit here has been pretty busy.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    41% on the Eastside? Well, there's your answer Commissioner Gordan, er, Director Riggs.

Anyone else remember the Police Squad episode where they are at the map with dozens of pins in one concentrated location in the city?

Obviously that area needs fewer police patrols.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    The charts are manipulated to look like more young black males are victims than any other race and is in itself , inherently racist . Matter of fact , REPORTED for even starting such a racist thread ! Now where's the good reverend Sharpton's number ?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Keep that crap up there, please.

Stuff can happen down your way too GFGT. Not on the scale of that county 4 miles to my east, but there was the occasional murder down that way. When I was a teenager some guy shot his cousin over a catfish down by the Fort Ritner bridge. One of the few times I remember seeing a non-Game Warden LEO out wher I grew up.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

I work east. I was born and raised out here. I live and raise my family out here as well. I am an eastsider and will likely always be. However you, I , or anyone else feels about drug legalization, the stats started creeping up after we disbanded our east district narcotics unit for lack of manpower. Most of our homicides are drug related. Most of our homicide victims were involved in illegal activity that resulted in their death. Getting these career criminals off the street will go a long way to reversing this trend. It isn't going to happen for a while, we are just too short and cannot devote the undercover time required to work those cases.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I work east. I was born and raised out here. I live and raise my family out here as well. I am an eastsider and will likely always be. However you, I , or anyone else feels about drug legalization, the stats started creeping up after we disbanded our east district narcotics unit for lack of manpower. Most of our homicides are drug related. Most of our homicide victims were involved in illegal activity that resulted in their death. Getting these career criminals off the street will go a long way to reversing this trend. It isn't going to happen for a while, we are just too short and cannot devote the undercover time required to work those cases.

even as bad as the east side has gotten, I don't feel unsafe here. I don't associate with the type of people that are getting murdered. I stay out of their hoods, I stay aware of my surroundings. you just have to be aware.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

At least there's that. I think when most people see stats put out they envision the innocent person just minding their own business getting gunned down for no reason etc.

Top Bottom