• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    This has to be the hardest "welcome to INGO" I have seen thus far. The OP should know he is cared for and taken in.

You guys are rough.

I am just wanting to know if he would have been able to draw from the ground...
    Yeah, +1

To the OP, being new here, it may be hard to understand. But often times we see many "internet stories" that have no proof and a lot of people approach these situations as if they didn't happen until proven otherwise. Now that its cleared up, don't feel "pushed away" because of the skepticism.

Also, regarding the questions; many people here train and try to run scenarios through our heads to help us to gain every advantage in that life or death situation, but nothing will fully prepare us for how our body/mind may react when we're put in that situation. The questions are just to help us more fully realize what that situation may really be like and what we may or may not be able to do (real life experience is always better than imagining what may happen).

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    What gets me is that we live in the same neighborhood.
    I am just through the woods back of Menard's .My Mom
    lives at Canterbury.I don't usually carry in my own
    backyard.

Mark

emrock32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    FW IN
    My question for you:
    What transpired in the time after the police were on-scene, to when you were hauled away in the ambulance? I actually denied medical due to having no insurance. After everyone was gone and i was inside my brother was looking at my head and forced me to go to the hospital due to seeing my skull.
    Did they ask you lots of questions?
    Police or medics? Medics didn't ask much but memory questions and pain. Nothing more since I began denying hospitalization(SP??) The police asked all the questions about exactly what happend. The detectives asked everything and anything and to exact detail and timing.
    Did you have a tough time remembering details?
    No, I was in somewhat of shock until about 4 in the morning when i left the hospital but it never affected my memory.
    How was your sense of 'timing' during the incident?
    My timing was not that bad. I woke up with him on top of me already so i was at the disadvantage. I was thinking at the right time to pull when he would have his left hand the farthest away from my right arm.
    How certain are you that you only stabbed him twice?
    Damn sure. It might have gone into or near the same hole but the first cut went all the way in and the second I was not sure and told the detectives maybe halfway.

Ok, my questions:

1. Would you have been able to deploy a knife that takes 2 hands to open?
    No. It was hard enough taking a beating when trying to be able to pull on him. But i've never carried a knife that takes 2 hands. Its either spring assisted, or flipable. This was my first knife that was fixed due to me finding it at work a week earlier. I usually didn't carry one since I thought if i pull a knife on someone that i would get stabbed.
    2. Would you have been able to deploy a firearm once you were on the ground?
    Yes and no. If I were to keep my gun (SCCY CPX-1) on me yes since i keep one chambered and the saftey on. and no if i were to carry my brother sigma that somtimes i do carry. It has a double action trigger (not sure if thats the right name but its like a glock trigger) and frankly i wouldn't trust a bullet chambered so i would need two hands.
    3. Was there a time before he had his hands on you that you would have been able to draw and fire, or was the attack just too sudden?
    Yes, As he was walking towards me I could have taken any gun and have it pointed at his head. If he would get within reaching range or sudden attack then he would be shot to be killed.
    [/quote]

What gets me is that we live in the same neighborhood.
    I am just through the woods back of Menard's .My Mom
    lives at Canterbury.I don't usually carry in my own
    backyard.

Yes that is just down the street from trier. I now always carry any part of the house. Most of my roomates do as well since they always carry anyway. The only time their guns are away is if they are at work or its sitting on the end table while they are sleeping.

Mark

All quotes answered in small txt. Thank you for apologizing. That actually shows alot of character and I am not at all mad. Plus I've never found a forum dedicated to one of my hobbies in indiana to be so big. lol
    Thanks for the :welcome:

-Mark:patriot:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    emrock32:

Glad you are going to be OK. :rockwoot:

I won't ask you any further questions as I'm not sure if I could hear the answers over the deafening squeaking of all the back-pedaling going on here!!! BWAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! :laugh: :lmfao::p

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    emrock32,

Good job on staying safe and using what you had!

I live down the road, across from Shoaf basically. Hell we've had a few shooting in the parking lot where I live and at the Rickers and carwash down the road. Seems to be getting dangerous in the "cheap, nice part of FW".

Another range option is Roush lake. About 20 minutes down 69 then a few country roads, but $4 all day and no memebrship. You can shoot up to .50 caliber there. Pistols rifles and shotguns. Some should organize a group shoot and you should come.

Welcome!
    And again good reaction for the situation and thanks for sharing, we all learned something from your experience.

And I'll ask it.....did they get the guy?

emrock32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    FW IN
    emrock32,

Good job on staying safe and using what you had!

I live down the road, across from Shoaf basically. Hell we've had a few shooting in the parking lot where I live and at the Rickers and carwash down the road. Seems to be getting dangerous in the "cheap, nice part of FW".

Another range option is Roush lake. About 20 minutes down 69 then a few country roads, but $4 all day and no memebrship. You can shoot up to .50 caliber there. Pistols rifles and shotguns. Some should organize a group shoot and you should come.

Welcome!
    And again good reaction for the situation and thanks for sharing, we all learned something from your experience.

And I'll ask it.....did they get the guy?

Well they told me a few days after the incident a detective had called and told me that the only person checking into a hospital was in indy that morning (not sure on what date exactly) with punctures to his stomach and he applied quik-clot to them but realized he had internal bleeding hahaha. But its been over almost 3 weeks now and i've had no calls or mail. So i guess his story might have checked out ok and it wasn't the guy. I hope the do find him (hes getting sued) but on the other case i would like him to be found dead somewhere... I'll be waiting if he comes back :shoot:

FishersCPA

Plinker
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Note to self- When a large man is coming at you at night, from your back yard, mumbling... you may want to anticipate nothing good happening...

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    Wow. That is just a bizarre encounter. Glad to hear that you are alright and that you at least left an 'impression' on the attacker to turn his life around (or end it).
    Maybe you should post an ad on Craigslist looking for lost knife:
    'Looking for lost knife. Last seen buried to hilt in belly of BG. Sharp blade, black in color with lots of red (oh, and knife is green). Please return if found. Offering reward of 158gr of jacketed lead to bearer of lost knife. '

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    So do you have a nice, large, sharp knife you can carry while your ltch clears? Or at least a shotgun in the trunk?

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    Providence, my friend. You found the knife that likely saved your life, the week before.... I tend to believe coincidences are much more rare than people think. There are angels among us:yesway:

jerico616

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Just incredible. I agree with the angels comment.

If anyone has questions about the Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver Club, please message me so that we don't thread jack.

Oh yeah, welcome to the INGO boards!

emrock32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    FW IN
    techres: Well I do own a rambo knife with a sheath that I got in the gun show a while back. But it has I believe a 10 inch blade. I dont think It is legal to carry anywhere even in a car lol. I was pulled over bout 2 years ago when I still had it in my car from buying it and the cop pointed that out as well as the Night Stick I recieved for a christmas present.

As for the story sent to CRKT, I wrote them an e-mail 2 days afterwards but did not have the police report so I couldn't attach it. I still dont have a copy so I think I need to call and see If I can get a copy or ask my parents or brother If the Officers gave it to them.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Is it illegal to have a big knife or a night stick in one's car? Howabout a bat, or a very large flashlight, or a machete?
    picard-facepalm.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    techres: Well I do own a rambo knife with a sheath that I got in the gun show a while back. But it has I believe a 10 inch blade. I dont think It is legal to carry anywhere even in a car lol. I was pulled over bout 2 years ago when I still had it in my car from buying it and the cop pointed that out as well as the Night Stick I recieved for a christmas present.

As for the story sent to CRKT, I wrote them an e-mail 2 days afterwards but did not have the police report so I couldn't attach it. I still dont have a copy so I think I need to call and see If I can get a copy or ask my parents or brother If the Officers gave it to them.

Hmmm... I bet a real letter mailed via snail mail, with a paper copy of the report would do the trick. Emails often tend to be overlooked more than a dedicated letter. I think its that whole free vs. this guy paid money to send this to us thing. You should be able to go to the police station or courthouse and get an official copy of the police report to send with it (it might cost a few bucks).

Top Bottom