• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've hunted with an Excaliber Exocet for years. Simple construction and very accurate, still use 125 grain Thunderheads. Only thing I don't like, it's clumsy to move around in a tree.:)

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Contact Wyvern Creations for the best deal on a Wicked Ridge .

Wyvern Creations, Modern Crossbows and Accessories

Wicked Ridge Warrior HL 3X Scope Package [WR1215.6330] - $399.95 : Wyvern Creations, Modern Crossbows and Accessories

Wicked Ridge Invader HP 3X Scope Package [WR1205.6336] - $489.95 : Wyvern Creations, Modern Crossbows and Accessories

TenPoint has MAP pricing so all dealers sell at the same price. Dave throws in extras ( 3 more arrow and BowJax)which is OK by Ten Point. They just can't cut the bow price.

and he does free shipping.

+1

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    New crossbow hunter here. I just come into a TenPoint Titan Extreme. I'm curious about bolts and broadheads.
    Do I need to buy xbow specific or will my fairly recent collection (Rage/Muzzy) of regular archery broadheads work?
    I have Tenpoint Pro Lite carbon bolts. Good/bad and what about vanes? Same angles when fletching? Sizes?

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    The ProElite carbons work just fine. Broadheads are broadheads. Some "enterprising" companies just change the package labeling.

Shoot and compare whatever broadheads that you like to see accuracy and grouping. Personally I shoot and hunt with NAP Spitfires. VERY close to same point of impact as my field points..so most of my practicing is with field points... Wide and short blood trails too. ;)

BTW - That is an excellent bow...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The ProElite carbons work just fine. Broadheads are broadheads. Some "enterprising" companies just change the package labeling.

Shoot and compare whatever broadheads that you like to see accuracy and grouping. Personally I shoot and hunt with NAP Spitfires. VERY close to same point of impact as my field points..so most of my practicing is with field points... Wide and short blood trails too. ;)

BTW - That is an excellent bow...

Thanks for the info!
    I have some spitfires in the broadhead box, I believe they are the old style, 85gr. What weight do you shoot?

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Thanks for the info!
    I have some spitfires in the broadhead box, I believe they are the old style, 85gr. What weight do you shoot?

The only problem that you might run into with the 85 grains is you will be under the TenPoint recommended total weight of 425 grains. I know at one time that would void your warranty. Not sure where they stand on a that now as they list different speeds for different weight arrows.

you might want to check on that first. You would only be under by 13 or 14 grains IIRC..

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Well I went and looked at. The TenPoint site and it looks like you can use as low as 370 grains with their crossbows made from 2012 on. So if your bow is made after that you can shoot the 85 grains Spitfires on the ProElites .. If they fly for you OK..

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have TenPoint Pro Lite bolts, weighing 370gr. It's a 2013 xbow.
    I notice that the 75gr field points that came on the bolts have them landing 4" high on the 50 yard scope dot, when dead on at the 30. It may just be my newby shooting?

Top Bottom