• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I'm not knowledgeable enough to know much about dampening sound and vibration on my TenPoint Crossbow.

Does anyone have any suggestions from experience in this matter? Does dampening significantly reduce bolt speed? Are there real differences between the various manufactures of these products?

Last edited:

lildave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Good to know, I' m new to crossbows too, haven't been bow hunting for years because of shoulder injury. The crossbow may just me another deer season.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I've got Bowjax on my TenPoint. It helps, but you'll never get to a "compound quiet" with a crossbow,. Bowjax will not effect arrow speed...

BUT....that is the last sound that the deer will ever hear....unless it is the hunter hollering YAHOOO!.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got Bowjax on my TenPoint. It helps, but you'll never get to a "compound quiet" with a crossbow,. Bowjax will not effect arrow speed...

BUT....that is the last sound that the deer will ever hear....unless it is the hunter hollering YAHOOO!.

Yeah, not as quiet as a REAL bow. I was actually shocked at how loud mine was initially. Took the quiver off and put the bowjax on, and it is much improved. However, it is still loud compared to a bow.

Top Bottom