• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    After sending my wife a photo on another oak tree totally rubbed by a buck this week, I was told to go buy a crossbow so I can hunt early archery next year...

So what should I consider when shopping? I will be looking for one that has, or can me mounted with, a crank do to arm injury pulling the cord by hand may be to hard..

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    My suggestion is to find a shop that will let you "test drive" different brands and models. Then let the crossbow pick you.

If you need a crank cocking device then the very best crossbow out there with the very best crank is TenPoint. Hands down.

Good luck..

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    I would recommend a rest to hold it up, and try to find a light one. We were amazed on how heavy most of them are. I also think most people use a crossbow sling to take out in the woods.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    If you've got the time between now and next season, go to Cabela's. They have a nice selection and a range to try before you buy.

ALB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Are crossbows going to be legal next season for the early archery season? Is this a fact?

rao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    A good friend of mine works at Gander Mtn in the archery section and he is a real fan of some of the new PSE's. He claims they have one that shoots 415 fps with over 100 ft lbs of energy. He said at a recent show, they lined 20 guys up who have never shot crossbows on a target 100 yds away. He said the largest group was 2". Very impressive. I must admit I'm still a die hard bow hunter but the idea of expanding my effective range from 50 yrs to over a 100 certainly does have its appeal.

Streakyzero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I have an Excalibur Equinox and I love it! I did a lot of shopping around before I decided on this one. It is a recurve which means you only have to worry about limbs and string, no cams! It does have a 225lb draw weight though! In my opinion the tenpoints are way over priced, there are many other compound crossbows just as good for less money! Good Hunting!

Top Bottom