• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    I placed my order for a SuperTuck Horse Hide on 3/23/13. I just got shipping notification a few minutes ago. That puts them at 11.5 weeks backorder.

YIKES.

There are a few things I didn't like about this process.
    1. The backorder prediction when I purchased was 6 weeks and evolved from there.
    2. They charged me for the holster upon purchase, not upon delivery.
    3. They didn't even overnight it with such a dramatic backorder. This wasn't promised but would have been nice.

-Dobber

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Agreed that the whole waiting game is frustrating, but they are the best IWB holsters out there in my opinion. Worth the wait, but still no fun.

comanche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    well sheet...I just ordered last week and had no idea how long the wait was...and yes, it's already billed on cc.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not quite as bad, but I just got notice that a reloading die set I ordered back in April is finally shipping. But they pretty well nailed the estimated back order date on this one.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    Very brief update. I got the holster on the projected day via USPS. I put it on while standing at the mailbox and wore it empty for a few days to break it in. After a few hundred draw and fire rounds I'm absolutely certain this is the ONLY IWB holster I've ever worn that I like. Being summer it has been the only holster I've worn over the past week aside from the break-in period. A side note - The butt of the gun rubs and stabs my spare tire all day. This holster will likely be the motivation I need to lose it. Thumbs up.

-Dobber

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Yes the wait is rediculous.. im goin on 3 weeks over my estimated date. I called and requested they throw in a couple sets of j hooks and replacement hooks for the inconvenence. They happily obliged!

LeadPharmer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2013
    Toledo, OH
    I got my XBreed about 8 months ago (I had to wait about 5 weeks at that time) and during the order and ship time I switched to appendix carry.

It's a great holster and I wore it to break it in but I guess my point is, it could be worse than just the wait. It could be a wait for a product you don't use when you get it :-)

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I received mine a couple weeks ago and it was around the 8 week mark as advertised. So far it's my absolute favorite holster that I own. Mine is for a G19, but also works well with the G26. If I had to do it all over again though, I'm not so sure I wouldn't be just as happy with a galco king tuk or another brand of the same design and getting it within days instead of months. It's a great holster, but it's not a rocket ship.

My only grip about the crossbreed is that I wear brown belts so the black belt clips really stand out. I'd like to see any of the manufacturers offer the belt clips painted brown instead of black only.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    Another follow up. I've found some things I don't like.
    1. Perhaps due to the extra weight that I'm currently carrying, the holster encourages my belt to slide down. I'm disproportionately wider in the spare tire region at the moment because being unfit is new to me and my hips haven't caught up.
    2. When I'm wearing the holster now without a gun the slide "flap" that comes up against my side tends to bend outward and catch my shirt EVERY time I go from sitting to standing. This reveals the holster which might have been an awkward talk at church.
    3. I find I have to wear an undershirt with it or the butt of the grip rubs me annoyingly. It's not a painful or uncomfortable chaffing but rather an annoying rub. Probably because I can't feel the rest of the gun.
    4. The retention is junk. I may put something on youtube if anyone is interested but suffice to say that while the fit is perfect the retention is almost non-existent. Changing shirts after mowing the law last week my two shirts (wet with sweat) somehow dislodged the gun from the resting position. I felt it pull and stopped disrobing before the SR9C came out completely....but had the gun hit the floor, with kids around, my better half would have been Crossbreed's newest critic/hate face.
    5. Leather scuffing. This is my first holster with leather that comes in contact with the gun and is VISIBLE...it's ugly. With that awesome logo and the sharp look of the horse hide I'm annoyed that the gun has caused so much scuffing. I've had a LOT of dry-draw practice with it but am still annoyed that my daily wear holster looks....like a daily wear holster. ;-)

That's all I can come with with as of now. The pluses of course are well known to everyone. The holster is solid from clips to kydex. (The retention issue has been consistent since purchase: not escalating) The leather is super comfortable against me and moulded cleanly to my carry position. The adjustable drop and cant of the holster allowed for perfect alignment with my pants line. All in all I'm still happy with the purchase but I do regret these nit-picky things I've found that annoy me.

-Dobber

MMcarriesaSR9c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Something has to give soon, I hope. Guns, ammo and accessories inventories have to start making a come back soon. The fact that it has taken this long still amazes me.

XDmShootr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Brazil, Indiana
    I bought the ACE-1 from SHTF Gear over a month and a half ago and have been wearing it every day since. I paid $65 after getting the upgraded black clips and shipping and handling. It shipped in a week and was at my door 2 days later and I couldn't be happier with the holster. The only complaint I have can be fixed with me losing the spare tire I've recently acquired (butt of the gun rubs my love handles). The holster comes combat cut and the Kydex is stitched on with Kevlar as well as held on with screws. I would like the holster to have a little more retention when not on the body, but as soon as I put it on and tighten my belt the gun is VERY snug. All in all I can't complain about the holster and will probably make another purchase from them soon as I add to my gun collection.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hey Dobber, check the paperwork that came with your holster. They explain how to tweak the retention either way with cold wet towels and a hair dryer.

And as for scuffs, it's a IWB that is designed NOT to be seen. If you are concerned with people seeing a scuffed holster, wear a longer shirt or switch to OC with a nice carbon fiber Serpa or fancy leather OWB. :D

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Another follow up. I've found some things I don't like.
    1. Perhaps due to the extra weight that I'm currently carrying, the holster encourages my belt to slide down. I'm disproportionately wider in the spare tire region at the moment because being unfit is new to me and my hips haven't caught up.
    2. When I'm wearing the holster now without a gun the slide "flap" that comes up against my side tends to bend outward and catch my shirt EVERY time I go from sitting to standing. This reveals the holster which might have been an awkward talk at church.
    3. I find I have to wear an undershirt with it or the butt of the grip rubs me annoyingly. It's not a painful or uncomfortable chaffing but rather an annoying rub. Probably because I can't feel the rest of the gun.
    4. The retention is junk. I may put something on youtube if anyone is interested but suffice to say that while the fit is perfect the retention is almost non-existent. Changing shirts after mowing the law last week my two shirts (wet with sweat) somehow dislodged the gun from the resting position. I felt it pull and stopped disrobing before the SR9C came out completely....but had the gun hit the floor, with kids around, my better half would have been Crossbreed's newest critic/hate face.
    5. Leather scuffing. This is my first holster with leather that comes in contact with the gun and is VISIBLE...it's ugly. With that awesome logo and the sharp look of the horse hide I'm annoyed that the gun has caused so much scuffing. I've had a LOT of dry-draw practice with it but am still annoyed that my daily wear holster looks....like a daily wear holster. ;-)

That's all I can come with with as of now. The pluses of course are well known to everyone. The holster is solid from clips to kydex. (The retention issue has been consistent since purchase: not escalating) The leather is super comfortable against me and moulded cleanly to my carry position. The adjustable drop and cant of the holster allowed for perfect alignment with my pants line. All in all I'm still happy with the purchase but I do regret these nit-picky things I've found that annoy me.

-Dobber

The reason why your belt "slides down" is because your belt is a crappy gun belt. If you buy an actual gun belt, you will notice a HUGE difference in carrying a gun. The belts can be expensive, but it's worth the money. I am a big fan of the Wilderness Tactical Instructor belt.

Top Bottom